Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 951thompson
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By baseline_9

Thread: fatty cuts of meat and natural testosterone

951thompson is offline Senior Member

fatty cuts of meat and natural testosterone

What is y'alls thought on eating fatty cuts of meat and egg yolks. vital ingredients for the body to make natural testosterone is saturated fats and cholesterol,with this in mind what do you think is a healthy percentage to intake saturated fat in your macro percentage?

I've started experimenting with 50% of my fats coming from saturated fats, im eating fatty cuts of chicken thighs, egg yolk ect.

I've also upped my cholesterol to 900mg (mainly from egg yolks)

Before anyone gets emotional about this, im not advising everyone to start doing this, this is just something im experimenting with.

So my question, what do you think is a healthy percentage of saturated fat to consume?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I haven't really given it enough attention to track percentage (I don't wan to think about my diet that much... i'm trying to do LESS with regard to diet, not more) but I'm well aware of the essential role of saturated fat in testosterone production (among other functions) and just make sure that I get it in my diet daily... red meats, egg yolks, etc.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    I haven't really given it enough attention to track percentage (I don't wan to think about my diet that much... i'm trying to do LESS with regard to diet, not more) but I'm well aware of the essential role of saturated fat in testosterone production (among other functions) and just make sure that I get it in my diet daily... red meats, egg yolks, etc.
    Agreed, I eat egg yolks and beef daily. Along with chicken and usually pork. My daily fat intake is 50-60g so even if my sat fats are 30% (they probably are) it's still not a large number in terms of total gramage.

The NHS recommend a 'normal' male not to exceed 30g per day I think. You will only really tell with blood lipid profiling as to how much is too much.

With regards to cholesterol your body should, pretty much, produce enough of its own so you shouldn't really go overboard on that.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Yeah testosterone is obviously very important ingredient in bodybuilding, so I am paying attention to it. A recent study I read by the university of Connecticut concluded that eating 3 egg yolks per day had no health implications. They found that the most of the cholesterol is healthy cholesterol,Also they found that subjects who ate 3 yolks per day hormone levels where boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post

Agreed, I eat egg yolks and beef daily. Along with chicken and usually pork. My daily fat intake is 50-60g so even if my sat fats are 30% (they probably are) it's still not a large number in terms of total gramage.

The NHS recommend a 'normal' male not to exceed 30g per day I think. You will only really tell with blood lipid profiling as to how much is too much.

With regards to cholesterol your body should, pretty much, produce enough of its own so you shouldn't really go overboard on that.
    Thanks for the info mate,

Im eating around 25-30g of saturated fats per day at the moment, my theory is, if you want your body to make testosterone , then you have to give it the ingredients, right lol

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Yeah testosterone is obviously very important ingredient in bodybuilding, so I am paying attention to it. A recent study I read by the university of Connecticut concluded that eating 3 egg yolks per day had no health implications. They found that the most of the cholesterol is healthy cholesterol,Also they found that subjects who ate 3 yolks per day hormone levels where boosted.
    Pretty well known, at least in the bodybuilding community ... a lot of people worry about eggs due to cholesterol and they shouldn't. Ask Marcus how many eggs he eats in a day.

Anyway, I'm on TRT so I don't have to worry much about this, although I DO (along with HCG ) try to keep natural production going as well.

Pretty well known, at least in the bodybuilding community ... a lot of people worry about eggs due to cholesterol and they shouldn't. Ask Marcus how many eggs he eats in a day.

Anyway, I'm on TRT so I don't have to worry much about this, although I DO (along with HCG) try to keep natural production going as well.
    Yeah im going natural from here on out, I've done one cycle, only a small one of sustonon 250 one shot per week (kept 6lb of my gains)
    So yeah keeping it natural for the time been, looking to try and boost my test naturally, if I can do that with food, that would be good
    gbrice75 likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson

Thanks for the info mate,

Im eating around 25-30g of saturated fats per day at the moment, my theory is, if you want your body to make testosterone, then you have to give it the ingredients, right lol
    Exactly right. Far too many people seem to be scared of fats in any form. I can never let my total drop below 50g else I get terrible skin and nails and my hair goes brittle/dry.

I think your intake is about right where it is. Plus, chicken legs taste so much better, they were the best thing about the keto diet I ran
    gbrice75 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post

Exactly right. Far too many people seem to be scared of fats in any form. I can never let my total drop below 50g else I get terrible skin and nails and my hair goes brittle/dry.

I think your intake is about right where it is. Plus, chicken legs taste so much better, they were the best thing about the keto diet I ran
    Im the same bud, I aim to stay below 50g, 40g on my low carb days.

Yeah the way I see it, there is no harm in trying, the study suggests it may help, so see no harm in giving it a try.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    My opinion is that your not going to be able to make a significant enough difference to justify over thinking this whole issue....
    gbrice75 likes this.
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    My opinion is that your not going to be able to make a significant enough difference to justify over thinking this whole issue....
    I like eating eggs and fatty cuts of meat, so it's nice to know I have the freedom to do that. My thinking the same way we have to feed our muscles enough protein to build muscle, you have to give your body what it needs to make testosterone . It can't make it without the ingredients.

Not a lot of thinking needs to go into it really, I eat a few more eggs than I used to, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    I like eating eggs and fatty cuts of meat, so it's nice to know I have the freedom to do that. My thinking the same way we have to feed our muscles enough protein to build muscle, you have to give your body what it needs to make testosterone . It can't make it without the ingredients.

Not a lot of thinking needs to go into it really, I eat a few more eggs than I used to, that's all
    The difference being we have to consciously feed our bodies enough protein to build muscle (i.e. average people don't typically eat ~300g quality protein/day) while feeding our bodies what they need to produce adequate test should happen pretty much by default.

The difference being we have to consciously feed our bodies enough protein to build muscle (i.e. average people don't typically eat ~300g quality protein/day) while feeding our bodies what they need to produce adequate test should happen pretty much by default.
    Maybe your right, but eating 3 or 4 eggs per day can't hurt, as the study suggests, if it boosts my test, it's all good plus also you get a good dose of omegas from eggs too, so that a bonus as well.

I just want to make sure my body has the ingredients it needs, as I think it could be important, not so long back, about a year ago I was only consuming 20g fat per day,now that can't of been good for testosterone production lol

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    So you say you have been experimenting but have you got any baseline bloodwork done?
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    So you say you have been experimenting but have you got any baseline bloodwork done?
    No maybe I should, do you ask your GP for the tests, im scared of asking my doctor though fear of him saying im wasting his time and government/tax payers money (we have a free health service in the UK)

Thread Information