energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

performance macro ratios

what macro ratio would you say is best for training mma and also training for an extreme endurance run?

also would it be best to eat at calorie maintenance (obviously worked out on TDEE etc)?

cheers

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Matters if your trying to maintain your mass. Gain? Lose?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Just to maintain the weight ill be at, for the best recovery and performance possible.

cheers

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Just to maintain the weight ill be at, for the best recovery and performance possible.

cheers
    You will need alot of carbs to maintain if you are endurance running, it's hard to say what you would need really without knowing details. A good idea would be to buy a Hart rate monitor to track how many calories you are burning, if you are just concerned with maintaining I would make most of the calories up with carbs = energy. Lots of glucose around your endurance running.

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    You will need alot of carbs to maintain if you are endurance running, it's hard to say what you would need really without knowing details. A good idea would be to buy a Hart rate monitor to track how many calories you are burning, if you are just concerned with maintaining I would make most of the calories up with carbs = energy. Lots of glucose around your endurance running.
    Ive been looking on the net and most of what i have found state 60/25/15 carb/pro/fat...........my thinking is, keep protein at 1gram per lb lbm, have fats at 40 gram and the rest of my cals in carbs.....using maint cals ( when i work them out,closer to the time)

I dont know the exact details of my training plan yet but itl be for 10-12 weeks ending September for the run.........ill be training 2x per day 4-5 days each week, running,mma/muay thai,weights.......i have a heart rate monitor and will be using that all the time.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post

Ive been looking on the net and most of what i have found state 60/25/15 carb/pro/fat...........my thinking is, keep protein at 1gram per lb lbm, have fats at 40 gram and the rest of my cals in carbs.....using maint cals ( when i work them out,closer to the time)

I dont know the exact details of my training plan yet but itl be for 10-12 weeks ending September for the run.........ill be training 2x per day 4-5 days each week, running,mma/muay thai,weights.......i have a heart rate monitor and will be using that all the time.
    You will probably have to eat quite alot above maintenance to maintain, if you are doing alot of endurance cardio, You will probably lose some LBM too. if you look at endurance runners they don't carry alot of LBM, mo farah for example, the reason been, if it needs to, your body will break muscle down to use as energy.
    Use your heart rate monitor to gage how many calories you will need to make up to maintenance.

Thread Information