Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    951thompson is offline Senior Member
    you may know Layne Norton is a professional natural bodybuilder, he also has a PHD in biochemistry/nutrition. He's a very smart guy who certainly knows his shizz.

I've been cutting lately on a calorie cycling diet, I had alittle blimp over the weekend where I strayed from my diet, I consumed around 700g-800g carbs per day, for 4 days. I noticed going from extremely low carbs for 4 day then to really high carbs had an extremely anabolic effect on my body, I felt juiced! im sure I've gained some serious LBM, either this or I am holding a serious amount of glycogen and water which could be giving me this impression.

anyway long story short, I started looking into this short bulking then a short cutting phase idea,I found this Layne Norton video on bb.com. in this videos he says that he likes to bulk for a period of 4-6 weeks and then cut during the next 2 weeks. (then repeat)
    The reason for this is that when you're bulking, the hormones that burn fat are elevated, (Lipton ect) so if you quickly switch back to cutting, you can burn more fat. And vice versa, when you cut, your body produces hormones that help you build more lean muscle.

do you guys think this is an effective strategy for naturals?

Pros? Cons?

Thanks.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-23-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Thread Information