Venom is offline Productive Member

Is banning organic farming going to far?

HR 875 and S425 The food safety modernization act and the food safety and tracking improvement act.

I recently read an article which basically proposes the idea of a bill that I do believe was passed in 2009 sanctioning the ban on organic farming and the regulation and tracking of crops that are grown. HR 875 and S425 mainly proposed by Connecticut's state representative Rosa DeLauro arguing that all the resent outbreaks of salmonella poisonings are due to organic farms who do not regulate or "inspect" their crops (when we all know its from huge farms outside of the country that have been known to use human feces to fertilize their crops). What the HR 875 "the food safety act" proposes is that all farms will be regulated by the government and will be inspected periodically and must comply to using certain seeds and fertilizers to assure the proper safety of their crops. The second part of this bill S 425 is designed to track the sales of any crops so the government knows what's been sold at what time. So in retrospect if you were to go down to your local farm to buy carrots you would first need to fill out all kinds of paperwork and give your personal info "in case the government needs to contact you due to a possible breakout" Now what conspirators believe is that Rosa DeLouro's husband, a political lobbyist for Monsanto seeds which distributes over 60% of the seeds sold world wide, is vested in this company and were talking big dollars if this bill did in fact pass. The problem with Monsanto seeds is that they are chemically engendered so that they cannot be reproduced meaning every year farmers would have to continue buying seeds from this company. It is believed that if farms are required to plant these seeds which are chemically engineered, many fear the possibility that millions would become nutrient deprived from the lack of nutrients in these chemically altered seeds. Another problem with this bill is that it is so big and so vague that it would leave room for many loopholes and the possibility of farming becoming so restricted and enforced that you would need a permit to even grow a simple tomato plant in your backyard.

I find this whole ordeal very shocking and disturbing but am very curious on how everyone else feels. Take the time to read the bill and research it because it is very interesting and concerning and feel free to discuss it. Thanks.

626Cuda is offline New Member
    Sounds more like the beginning of Agenda 21 to me. Basically, the Government seizing all privately owned land(s) because you, the owner are not using it efficiently enough and/or in the best interests of the majority. Its already happening in CA, just look up "Nuisance Abatement Team" Just more of the same

Also, this should probably be moved to Off Topic

mr.slippyfist69 is offline Associate Member
    100% right bro it is agenda 21. A local farmer friend of mine here in NY got shut down and for no other reason the. He was 100% organic and situated right next to a big name dairy farm. We were getting all our veggies, eggs, chicken and raw milk from him and we miss having him around. We should all fight for better cleaner food because it will benefit us all in the long run.

Thread Information