denverpride is offline Associate Member

splenda or stevia?

What are you using? I have cut out all processed sugar, but need something in my coffee. Black coffee is awful

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I use splenda, I just prefer the flavor slightly over stevia. If you're looking to go the more natural route, stevia is the better option.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    I use stevia but for some people it can seem bitter. You'll have to try it and see how you find it.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I use splenda, I just prefer the flavor slightly over stevia. If you're looking to go the more natural route, stevia is the better option.
    I use splenda too. No doubt I believe stevia is a better option (although it taste worse and cost more), but as long as you use splenda in moderation then you are good to go. I have gotten as lean as 8% bf while using splenda.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    as long as you use splenda in moderation then you are good to go.
    There's my problem... if i'm being honest, i'm probably using 15-20 packets/day. :\

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    We have tried them all, I only use sugar stuff to cook with and splenda is double as sweet as stevia/sugar so I dont use it ever. We have truevia now and Im not fond of it plus its not as near perfect as stevia.

Future purchases for us will be stevia.

Stevia is the only NO CAL, all others are low cal. Slpenda has 3 cal per packet thanks to the added bulking agents from manufactures which give it the extra sweet taste.
    Stevia is a natural derivative and wont cause digestive issues like bloat or gas. Stevia side effects reported diarrhea headaches stomach ackes and intestine cramping, obviously varies by individual.

stevia is actualy not approved by FDA yet, just not enuff long term studies done yet..

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i have been using stevia for years with no side effects. i have used splenda / sugar in baking...but don't bake much ; ) anymore.

splenda is processed with some weird junk so I stick with the natural stuff as best I can afford.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    There's my problem... if i'm being honest, i'm probably using 15-20 packets/day. :\
    I hear ya bro...I just added it up in my head and I'm at 10 packs/day. Still staying pretty lean though.

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    only stevia...do not like splenda's taste...

Thread Information