Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member

New cutting diet need help and suggestions!

Ok this is the diet I started today let me know how it looks?
    Meal # 1
    1 whole egg,4 extra large egg whites with mushrooms,spinach,bell pepper and one whole avocado. 425 cal 20g fat 26g protein.
    Meal#2
    1/2 cup Irish steal cut oatmeal,and one Greek yogurt. Combined 260 cal 18g protein 2.5 g fat 34g carbs.
    Meal#3
    7 oz chicken breast 300 cal 56g protein, 6g fat with 1 cup brown rice 218 cal, 46g carbs, 5g protein,2g fat.
    Meal#4
    2 cans tuna 400 cal 80g protein, 2g fat. Two medium sweet potatoes 198 cal, 23g carbs, 4g protein 2g fat.
    Meal#5 post workout shake
    1 scoop protein 2 scoops muscle fusion. Combined 433 cal 34g protein, 72 carbs,1g fat
    Meal#6
    Open for a suggestion something clean with about 400 cal 25 carbs and 60 or some gs of protein I'm hoping I can get various diner ideas from some of you guys thanks.

So without meal six that is a combined total of 2,234 cal, 35.5g fat which isn't right on I have a little butter in my oatmeal and on my brown rice and chicken so I would say more like 50g maybe a little less, 214g protein, 175g carbs.

So how's it look what am I lacking?
    Also tdee is 3151 an I trying to cut so with the 700 cal diner it's 2,934.and my bmr is 2033.
    Last edited by Dougiefresh7707; 04-30-2013 at 09:35 AM.

136 views no replies lol

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Stats?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

23,195,5'10,5 days a week of training at least with 2 only cardio days which is 7 total .

Body fat?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

19 percent last time I checked could be lower now thought.

Well then your tdee is approximately 2400 cals so you won't lose weight based on your calculations an diet above.

I don't know what calculator you used but they are notorious for overestimating. A much more simplistic way is multiplying your LBM x 15. Unless you have a particularly energetic job.

So, I would suggest you rewrite your plan and look at closer to 2100cals to start. 50/30/20 is generally regarded as a successful split when cutting.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

7 days a week working out its 2100 calories never heard of it so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707
    7 days a week working out its 2100 calories never heard of it so low.
    Never heard of it? How many times have you tried it?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Well the only way I can put it is I was on a bulking diet of 3200 calories a day and gained 3 pounds in a month with macros 50/30/20 so that tells me at more than 1000 cal less. Personally I don't think that's enough food to sustain lean muscle while losing weight I'm sure I will loss wait at 2100 cal but also muscle.

Also my job is activity and in the two days I run that's 350 to 400 cal I burn on those days so I don't see how 2100 cal is enough.

Ill meet in the middle and go for same diet but small dinner at 2500-2600 cal all togther and see what happens let you know but that's 600-700 cal less than what I was eating .

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    Ok this is the diet I started today let me know how it looks?
    Meal # 1
    1 whole egg,4 extra large egg whites with mushrooms,spinach,bell pepper and one whole avocado. 425 cal 20g fat 26g protein.
    Meal#2
    1/2 cup Irish steal cut oatmeal,and one Greek yogurt. Combined 260 cal 18g protein 2.5 g fat 34g carbs.
    Meal#3
    7 oz chicken breast 300 cal 56g protein, 6g fat with 1 cup brown rice 218 cal, 46g carbs, 5g protein,2g fat.
    Meal#4
    2 cans tuna 400 cal 80g protein, 2g fat. Two medium sweet potatoes 198 cal, 23g carbs, 4g protein 2g fat.
    Meal#5 post workout shake
    1 scoop protein 2 scoops muscle fusion. Combined 433 cal 34g protein, 72 carbs,1g fat
    Meal#6
    Open for a suggestion something clean with about 700 cal 25 carbs and 60 or some gs of protein I'm hoping I can get various diner ideas from some of you guys thanks.

So without meal six that is a combined total of 2,234 cal, 35.5g fat which isn't right on I have a little butter in my oatmeal and on my brown rice and chicken so I would say more like 50g maybe a little less, 214g protein, 175g carbs.

So how's it look what am I lacking?
    Also tdee is 3151 an I trying to cut so with the 700 cal diner it's 2,934.and my bmr is 2033.

If you are cutting I would keep carbs to a minimum, so once a day is what I personally like.

Meal 1: Up the eggs- 3 whole eggs and 5 egg whites, drop the rest and add in OATS.

Meal 2: 2 Cans of Tuna (munch on some mushrooms and peppers if u like too)

Meal 3: Chicken, Brown Rice. Add in Brocolli. Up the chicken breast to like 10 ounces

Workout

Meal 4: Protein Shake, maybe add some Egg Whites to your shake

Meal 5: 6-8oz London Broil plus some Veggies

When I cut personally I keep it very simple and clean. I know its boring and I dont run the 6 meal plan personally but it works for me

Ok what are the macros on that I cut down just a little on portion so it's pry 200-350 cal less with one whole sweet potatoe out so carbs are cut a little more and that diet is kinda what I am doing oats are there,eggs peppers mushrooms,tuna,chicken instated of broil redmeat doesn't do we'll with me. But I interested on the macros for those meals? Also I have a blend of veggies and juice daily which is a good portio of broccoli and carrots and spinach in it .
    Last edited by Dougiefresh7707; 04-30-2013 at 10:09 AM.

That's why I always recommend people run a maintenance diet after a bulk and before a cut. That's the only way you know for sure what your maintenance calories are. Despite it being the most sensible thing to do everybody has Jo time for it, they are too busy rushing into a cut or a bulk and never truly know how they react. Even different macro splits at maintenance calories can have amazing effects if you can be bothered to work at it.

By the way, if you ate 3200cals a day and gained 3lbs in 4 weeks it means you were eating approx 400cals or so above maintenance. That's if you were consistently averaging 3200cals per day.

Oh, and your 20% bf would help preserve your LBM whilst cutting at 2100cals butbstartbwhere you say and keep re-evaluating.

What is your goal bf?
    Last edited by Back In Black; 04-30-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok what are the macros on that I cut down just a little on portion so it's pry 200-350 cal less with one whole sweet potatoe out so carbs are cut a little more and that diet is kinda what I am doing oats are there,eggs peppers mushrooms,tuna,chicken instated of broil redmeat doesn't do we'll with me. But I interested on the macros for those meals?
    Eliminate the sweet potatos entirely.

Honestly I wouldnt have the mushrooms, peppers or avocados, just unecessary calories.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Ok what are the macros on that I cut down just a little on portion so it's pry 200-350 cal less with one whole sweet potatoe out so carbs are cut a little more and that diet is kinda what I am doing oats are there,eggs peppers mushrooms,tuna,chicken instated of broil redmeat doesn't do we'll with me. But I interested on the macros for those meals? Also I have a blend of veggies and juice daily which is a good portio of broccoli and carrots and spinach in it .
    If you have been eating at 3200cal I would gradually reduce your carbs. Maybe start at 2600cal, see how you go, if you don't see any weight loss after a week or two, reduce your carbs another 50g (200cal)

Avacados is the only real fat I get for the the day besides that its like 2 gs a meal peppers and mushrooms aren't even really enough to do much 5 small mushrooms and half bell pepper I'm not to worried about. And as for my mateinence diet should I say at 2400 then and at 50/30/20 also what do u guys think about the total macros for daily intake also I keep in mind that the human body has no sense of time so I don't think always in 24 hours per say if anyone knows what I'm talking about lol.

I believe in SHOCKING the system for fat loss, let it be HIIT, DIET, CHEAT MEAL, but I just notice that works best for me. Shocking it with minimal carbs have always worked and if anything maybe cycle them if you don't want to entirely elimiate them.

Ok I'm will to try it what should be my total intake daily then ? Also what's HIIT? And how do u think it effects ur energy level because carbs are fuel.
    Last edited by Dougiefresh7707; 04-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Ok I'm will to try it what should be my total intake daily then ? Also what's HIIT? And how do u think it effects ur energy level because carbs are fuel.
    Keeping it real:

You will feel like shit, your muscles wont be full due to the low carbs and you will feel weak at times and sometimes extra tired where you need naps.

HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training: best method of cardio to burn fat

Its rough but you will have such an effective cut that you have never seen before if you do a big calorie deficit, low carbs, with empty stomach cardio and HIIT.

I am thinking you are on cycle, correct??

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK

Keeping it real:

You will feel like shit, your muscles wont be full due to the low carbs and you will feel weak at times and sometimes extra tired where you need naps.
    Makes me want to jump on this wagon.........NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    I believe in SHOCKING the system for fat loss, let it be HIIT, DIET, CHEAT MEAL, but I just notice that works best for me. Shocking it with minimal carbs have always worked and if anything maybe cycle them if you don't want to entirely elimiate them.
    You should reduce calories gradually, because if you cut too fast, say you cut straight to 1800 cal if you hit a plateau you have nothing much left to cut from. Cut small amounts, then every time you hit a plateau cut a couple of hundred calories.

Op don't cut your carbs too heavily they are muscle sparing, cut them gradually, around 50g every time you hit a plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    You should reduce calories gradually, because if you cut too fast, say you cut straight to 1800 cal if you hit a plateau you have nothing much left to cut from. Cut small amounts, then every time you hit a plateau cut a couple of hundred calories.

Op don't cut your carbs too heavily they are muscle sparing, cut them gradually, around 50g every time you hit a plateau.
    Incorporating the right type of cardio then that doesnt matter..........

Keeping it real:

HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training: best method of cardio to burn fat

Its rough but you will have such an effective cut that you have never seen before if you do a big calorie deficit, low carbs, with empty stomach cardio and HIIT.

I am thinking you are on cycle, correct??
    No cycle yet need to drop 4% bf befor I start, also in no rush to loss it i mean 1-2 months should be fine so I started this diet today and I ****ing hungry as hell lol. So idk i can tell that difference ill make a little smaller of portions,lower the carbs see what happens in two weeks ill keep it posted. But thanks bro ill take some of the advice just not all lol.

If you arent cycling then disregard my advice, you will lose some muscle with it. From the steroids section u made it seem like you were doing a cut cycle.

Incorporating the right type of cardio then that doesnt matter..........
    No your body adjusts and becomes used to the amount of cardio you are doing. Sooner or later you will plateau. What you going to do add more cardio, before you know it you will be having to do excessive hours of cardio per week to lose (that not fun) the smart way to cut is to do it slow and steady, so long as you are losing 1 to 2lb per week, there is no need to cut too heavily. If you are losing more then 2lb per week you are losing LBM!

No your body adjusts and becomes used to the amount of cardio you are doing. Sooner or later you will plateau. What you going to do add more cardio, before you know it you will be having to do excessive hours of cardio per week to lose (that not fun) the smart way to cut is to do it slow and steady, so long as you are losing 1 to 2lb per week, there is no need to cut too heavily. If you are losing more then 2lb per week you are losing LBM!
    I disagree but I dont want to drag this out. He has already made up his mind.

Cycling:

Calorie Deficit + Low Carbs + HIIT Fasted + Cheat Meal = Contant Loss

Especially when at a higher BF%.......
    Last edited by MACKATTACK; 04-30-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Granted this is an in and out type of thing. Can easily be done for 2 months and done with. Pre summer cut lol.

If you arent cycling then disregard my advice, you will lose some muscle with it. From the steroids section u made it seem like you were doing a cut cycle.
    My bad sorry no I'm cutting to start my first cycle.

Cycling:

Well can I start winstroll and test e now with 19%? And expect to cut well.

Cycling:

If he cuts to 2000cal and he is doing HIIT. What does he do after 4 weeks when his metabolism adjusts, what does he do when he hits a plateau? Bare Mind if he has cut most of his carbs, he won't have many calories to take from.

If he cuts to 2000cal and he is doing HIIT. What does he do after 4 weeks when his metabolism adjusts, what does he do when he hits a plateau? Bare Mind if he has cut most of his carbs, he won't have many calories to take from.
    Cheat meal keeps the body from hitting plateu.

Cheat meal keeps the body from hitting plateu.
    Nonsense! Do you care to explain how?

Also I mentioned I guess in his other thread was carb cycling. I checked here and it didnt show. There are plenty of ways to do a cut and not plateu.

Nonsense! Do you care to explain how?
    I am feeling there are some personal issues here with you hitting a plateu and that doesnt mean that happens with everyone.

Also the change in routine, let it be HIT weight training, HIIT, decreasing the constant and doing an entire session of only HIIT. Changing a meal in the diet. There are millions of ways to not from hitting a plateu and cheat meals do help the cause. Most of the time you dont need a cheat meal if you know how your system works.

I am done with this thread since I am feeling animosity. Good luck Dougie.

Also I mentioned I guess in his other thread was carb cycling. I checked here and it didnt show. There are plenty of ways to do a cut and not plateu.
    Whichever diet you choose, sooner or later you will plateau, then you have to adjust your diet, if you have reduced your calories too low too fast, your going to have no where to go but add stupid amounts of cardio.

I am feeling there are some personal issues here with you hitting a plateu and that doesnt mean that happens with everyone.

Also the change in routine, let it be HIT weight training, HIIT, decreasing the constant and doing an entire session of only HIIT. Changing a meal in the diet. There are millions of ways to not from hitting a plateu and cheat meals do help the cause. Most of the time you dont need a cheat meal if you know how your system works.
    No thats not the case mate, I just think you are giving him bad advice. He has been eating at 3200cal his metabolism will of got used to eating at this amount of calories, if he cuts 600 cals, that will be a pretty drastic deficit. No cardio needed. Add cardio later when you hit a plateau. If you cut too fast you will have no where to go when you plateau.

You are telling hI'm how to cut the difficult way.

No hard feelings, just giving my opinion.

So if I'm I taking 2700 call with roughly a ratio of 50/30/20-15 then I should be fine and at my age. If anyone has input on that or if I could start winstroll and test e at my bf% let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information