Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By --->>405<<---

Thread: Macros???

hsvcraig is offline Associate Member

Macros???

Im bulking..... If you've reached your carbs, fats and calorie daily intake for the day but your protein isn't reached yet and you still have one meal left, would you just eat protein? Or you wouldn't make gains with protein by itself without carbs or fats...

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    if u reach ur calorie, carb, and fat intake for the day but have not hit ur protein, then u have exceeded either carbs and/or fats. sounds like poor planning..

u dont make gains meal by meal, but moreso over time.

based on this question and the banana question i suggest u do a LOT more reading on nutrition man. where have u been hanging out on here since 0ct 2011?
    BluPhin likes this.

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. Sorry I Dnt normally weigh up my macros I've just started. Today was my first day which I realised my fat and carbs are out. So do you know the answer, would I just eat protein for my last meal. I think I'll sign up as a different user and continue to try learn

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    whats your goals? if its fat burn and you have hit target calories then don't eat anymore.........if its to build muscle then go for the protein. to be honest don't sweat it mate, just adjust macros to fit for tomorrow and you will be good.

Thanks for that mate I really appreciate it, I'll go eat now

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I would just down a protein shake to get the remaining protein you need. Food is better than a shake but eating meat or other protein will probably put you over on fat.

This is why most guys plan their food out in advance. If you are not closely tracking your food (by weighing and measuring things) you are probably way off on your macros.

Thanks mate. I know I've always eaten over what I should but until the last year it hasn't ever been a problem really, I think now I'm 28 my metabolism has slowed up so as of today I got serious on counting calories and yeah blew 1700 calories over my tdee :/

Quote Originally Posted by hsvcraig View Post
    1. Wow. I wasn't expecting that. Sorry I Dnt normally weigh up my macros I've just started. Today was my first day which I realised my fat and carbs are out. So do you know the answer, would I just eat protein for my last meal. 2. I think I'll sign up as a different user and continue to try learn
    1. what were u expecting?

2. why would u sign up as a different user?

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hsvcraig View Post
    Im bulking..... If you've reached your carbs, fats and calorie daily intake for the day but your protein isn't reached yet and you still have one meal left, would you just eat protein? Or you wouldn't make gains with protein by itself without carbs or fats...
    This question is ridiculous. If you already met your carbohydrate, fat, and caloric goals; then eating a meal with only protein would imply you will meet or exceed ALL of your macro goals AND caloric goals. How would you then NOT make gains?!? If anything, you will gain more than you plan (most likely in fat).

I want to buy a $400 phone, and I just received a paycheck for $600. Will I be able to still buy that phone? Honestly, your question is as absurd as that. I am not trying to bash you, but you seriously need to think about the questions first before you ask them. Using another profile will not lead to better answers if your questions are just as absurd either.

dude700 is offline Junior Member
    If you exceed your target amount of macros for the day, it won't be detrimental. Personally, I'd rather eat more than my daily goal than less.

Sorry im just trynna learn how this works, if my questions are dumb plz feel free not to answer them if they bother you I'm sure someone won't mind helping me out. I tried searching for the answer so I didn't cop the Wat a stupid question response. I'm sure there's plenty of others on this forum that wouldn't be too sure what to do, it's even evident in this thread with ppl having different ideas

Dude im not trying to make u feel bad, i suggest u read the stickies:
    1. Dieting 101: cutting
    2. Dieting 101: lean bulking

U have a lot of learning to do. This doesnt make u stupid, just in a different place. None of us started out knowing about diet. Obviously u havent spent a lot of time on here even though u have been a member for almost 2 years.

Once u have read the stickies i suggest building a diet to suit ur goals and posting it. Be sure to include total cals and macros as well as ur complete stats. (Age weight height bf%)

Well get u straight.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    Dude im not trying to make u feel bad, i suggest u read the stickies:
    1. Dieting 101: cutting
    2. Dieting 101: lean bulking

U have a lot of learning to do. This doesnt make u stupid, just in a different place. None of us started out knowing about diet. Obviously u havent spent a lot of time on here even though u have been a member for almost 2 years.

Once u have read the stickies i suggest building a diet to suit ur goals and posting it. Be sure to include total cals and macros as well as ur complete stats. (Age weight height bf%)

Well get u straight.
    Ur so mean! :P

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    If I'm reading this right and you've hit both your fat and carb macros and your daily calorie count how can you be short on protein? Perhaps I am reading the origian post wrong but if this is the case I don't think it's possible? At any rate tuna fish would seem to be a good option to increase protein with minimal fat or perhaps a bit of chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    If I'm reading this right and you've hit both your fat and carb macros and your daily calorie count how can you be short on protein? Perhaps I am reading the origian post wrong but if this is the case I don't think it's possible? At any rate tuna fish would seem to be a good option to increase protein with minimal fat or perhaps a bit of chicken.
    only if u interpret "reached ur fat and carb goals" as "met but not exceeded".. i interpret "reached" meaning "met and exceeded" its the only way to reach calorie goal and be short on protein.

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    only if u interpret "reached ur fat and carb goals" as "met but not exceeded".. i interpret "reached" meaning "met and exceeded" its the only way to reach calorie goal and be short on protein.
    Yeah, that is how I interpreted it as well; however his last question doesn't make any sense. If he ate only protein for his last meal and thus met that macro goal as well, how would that not lead to gains? I think (hope) he didn't ask the question exactly as he intended. More sensible questions would be the following:

If I meet my protein goal after my last meal, then I will have gone significantly over my caloric goal. Will this lead to too much fat gain?

If I don't meet my protein goal but have a surplus of fats, carbs, and Calories, will I still gain muscle mass?

^^ i think its safe to say the OP just needs to do some reading and learning. it is good IMO that has been identified thru his questioning. the question simply reveals lack of understanding: nothing at all to be ashamed of..

i hope he comes back after reading those stickies so we can straighten him out..

Thread Information