newuser424 is offline New Member

Need help on keto. pre & post workout meals.

Need help on keto. pre and post workout meals. and workout intensity? how do i do this on keto?. really need help on that. i have everything else sussed. please thanks!

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Workout intensity? Just workout as normal, no difference!

No need for specific pre- and postworkout meals unless you feel it helps you specifically!

Could you specify your stats, diet plan, and workout for us please?

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

im 97kg 15% bf and im using the dave pulumbos diet plan for keto. for my workout its the basic 3-4sets 8-10reps for each muscle.
    I was meaning carbs on a keto is meant to be below 50g. i've noticed 50g is too much for me still and doesnt take me into keto. i have to be below 30. and my shakes contain 6 carbs ( i have two one in the morning & night time). so are you meant to have carbs pre workout and post?? or do we just have fats & protein pre and post? and during keto your body uses the fats instead? is that right?. so no muscle loss working out as normal? without any carbs before and after?. ill be in keto tommorow just need to know pre and post what you guys have when you've done your keto diets. Not cycling the with keto either.

MEAL #1

5 whole eggs; 4 egg whites

~50g Pro, 20g Fat
    MEAL #2

SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

~55 pro 12g Fat
    MEAL #3

“Lean Protein Meal”: 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

~50g Pro 16 Fat

MEAL #4

SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

~55 pro 12g Fat
    MEAL #5

“Fatty Protein Meal”: 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

~45Pro 30Fat
    MEAL #6

SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1.5 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

~55Pro 12Fat

Total: ~310Pro, 102Fat, trace carbs

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    No carbs pre and post. You're right, you probably need 25g max carbs per day on this type of diet.

I don't know the exact details of the style of keto you are following but your protein looks too high and fats and calories too low.

What is your refeed plan?
    Last edited by Back In Black; 11-13-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    With the peanut butter and nuts, you're eating more than a trace amount of carbs.

Blog Entries
    Keto diet for me is 5% carbs, 65% fat, 35% protein.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Keto diet for me is 5% carbs, 65% fat, 35% protein.
    105%?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    ^^^^lol

IM just follwind the dave pulumbo keto diet plan bro, apparently alot of people had success with it so im trying.. i also dont like cycling in and out of keto. really? isnt protein meant to be high during a cut?. im refeeding every two weeks. i still need to figure that out lol. how would you do the refeed bro? if you dont mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by newuser424 View Post
    IM just follwind the dave pulumbo keto diet plan bro, apparently alot of people had success with it so im trying.. i also dont like cycling in and out of keto. really? isnt protein meant to be high during a cut?. im refeeding every two weeks. i still need to figure that out lol. how would you do the refeed bro? if you dont mind me asking.
    Isn't a macro split and refeed plan listed in the diet? If not, I'm not sure exactly what use it is.

Don't forget you aren't running a 'normal' cutting diet. Most keto diets are around a 30/70 pro/fat split with a small allowance from each for your net carbs.

I would also refeed once a week personally.

You could read this too

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...enic-diet.html

And acguy is right, you might wanna check the carb content of your PB and choose Brazil or macadamia nuts over your cashews.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 11-14-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    105%?
    Ops, LOL!!!

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Thanks bro that helped me alot. its explained alot better there!. right now to get some ketone strips and go hard!. thanks!! =] one more question for a 97kg guy what would your protein/fats intake be? i didnt quite get your ratio?.

really what would you reccomend i have then for a 97kg guy??? c/p/f ?

It depends on your calorie intake. If you insist on 2000cals (which I think is over 1000 daily deficit, on paper and too low) then your breakdown would be

Pro 150g
    Fat 155g

You can then add whatever fibrous carbs you want to that.

I know, that's low on protein right? But the fat content is super important here.

What you need to do is work out really what your actual maintenance calories are for you, taking into account your activity levels. You're a little heavier than me and my maintenance is around 3200-3300 cals. That's me lifting 4 hours and 2 hours cardio a week. Once you know your figure you can start working out a proper plan with the required deficit, taking into account your refeed calories.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information