teezer33 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Simple carbs after work out

I have not yet started my cycle, still learning about AI's and sort. I have recently experienced some major strives forward by watching Milos videos, about replenishing simple carbs after a work out and I feel and seen some changes in how I look. Following his advise, I implemented a high simple carb approach with my protein shake and I am pretty sure if my own sense is not fooling me, that my muscles feel fuller. Not saying, i just did a cycle, but defiantly more energetic. Before I was wasted after a workout, couldn't get up a needed a nap and I could not figure out why. think I am going to see how far this is going to take me before I start a cycle, any thoughts? not on the cycle, that my own decision but on high simple carb post workout.

toilet is offline Banned
    Having high gi carbs post workout has long been the consensus I had thought

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    It doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things..... If your an endurance athlete who is participating in an event in the morning and then the evening then yes, simple carbs would be optimal since quick glycogen replenishment is required....

If you were to eat complex vs simple carbs PWO you will be in the same position as far as glycogen replenishment come 24 hours after....

So for weight trainers it makes no difference.... The only time I would ever over think it would be when I have had to do a double training day... A session in the morning and the evening to keep on track with my routine....

But this really is a case of missing the Forrest for the trees.... Stop over thinking food choices and start thinking more about the macros your eating on a daily/ weekly basis....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

teezer33 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    So for weight trainers it makes no difference.... The only time I would ever over think it would be when I have had to do a double training day... A session in the morning and the evening to keep on track with my routine....

But this really is a case of missing the Forrest for the trees.... Stop over thinking food choices and start thinking more about the macros your eating on a daily/ weekly basis....[/QUOTE]

I am just about 35, 218 lbs, 6'1" now my eating as follows, trying to cut down on BF, it's around 20% give or take a few, and gain more muscle

1. Morning 1 1/2 egg whites
    and 2 regular eggs
    cup of oat meal, 1 pack splenda

2. piece of chicken breast
    mixed vegetables
    if there is only one chicken breast, then I add a shake

3. post workout
    two scoop shake with peanut butter
    made with 2 cups milk
    simple carb added

4. usually two pieces of fish, mahi mahi, or flounder
    mixed vegetables, two cups

5. steak, chicken. what ever is around
    vegetables, two cups

6. 2 scoop protein powder and water

My intake is around 50 grams protein per meal, around 200-250 grams carbs, around 50-80 grams fat (usually lean towards 50). I add little carbs if i know I am going to do some more activities that require energy, our house is always busy so, one or two protein bars in between meals usually suffice.Protein powder is from physical addictions in Florida, magic WPI. I am going to invest in another protein shake with mixed carbs, but I wanted to drop Bf first. Also, I am going to invest in carbo force, or something similar in powder form, not so bloody expensive. lol!

Thread Information