Combat Vet 11B is offline Junior Member

Was told to post stats for help

I was told to come here and post my stats for help. I'm the type of guy that literally needs a picture drawn out to understand, lol.

STATS

HEIGHT: 6' 1"
    WEIGHT: 208
    BODY FAT: 22%

GOAL: I want to cut first so I can establish a solid base before I start to bulk. Please bare in mind that I do not make much money and I have a family to support, so supplements are out of my pocket books reach. Main reason for achieving my goal, is to look good for my wife and set a healthy example for my children. Thank you

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You came to the right place, the diet gurus here will help you for sure. The first thing needed is to figure out your TDEE.

Do you have a current diet you are following?

Right now I'm just trying to eat as healthy as possible. No sugars, lots of water, only eating three times a day, things like that.

Limiting the number of meals may be counter productive if anything. Do you take protein powder and/or vitamins?

I take a multivitamin once a day, can not afford lean protein powder.

Ok You are going to need to be creative and figure out what protein sources will fit your budget, there are lots of possibilities that we could throw together but I dont know local costs for thigns where you are. I would suggest lots of extra lean ground beef, chcken breasts, tuna and other fish. Eggs and egg whites are also key.

How often should I be eating and how much should I eat per sitting?

Eating every 2-3 hours is ideal though not always possible. Lets let one of the gurus chime in for a macro break down suggestion.

Anxnymous is offline Associate Member
    You still need 4-6 meals, more you spread it out an eat throughout the day it will keep your metabolism going. Reds said the best thing, lean meats are the key!You say you need 2800 cals to maintain? Then take 500 off that and consume 2300 gals a day. Also, what cardio are you doing? An anybody that serves the country, worksout to look good for his wife and be a good family man has my utmost respect!

That seems like allot of eating. But I am willing to try anything, does eating that much speed up your metabolism?

For cardio I ice skate for around 2 hours or I ride my bike for an hour.

Absolutley man, think of it like a furnace, you don't put enough it'll slow down an burn out- put a few sticks in it and it'll roar and burn faster- put to much it'll burn out an be smothered... aka when you get fat! Its not as bad, your stomach will expand and it wont be where you're just shoving food down your throat.

Both of those can be intense workouts but both also could be relaxing events so just make sure if you're doing those cardio exercises your heart rate is high and you're having a intense cardio workout for 45mins-1hour+

Quote Originally Posted by Anxnymous View Post
    Absolutley man, think of it like a furnace, you don't put enough it'll slow down an burn out- put a few sticks in it and it'll roar and burn faster- put to much it'll burn out an be smothered... aka when you get fat! Its not as bad, your stomach will expand and it wont be where you're just shoving food down your throat.
    I honestly never knew that. Thank you for the awesome info, I'm going to enjoy this more than what I'm doing now. I hate the feeling of being hungry all of the time, reminds me of Iraq lol.

Hahaha I don't wanna hear that, I'm in Infantry 11X an haven't been deployed. Make sure you're eating lean meats though, you could try a 50/15/5 protein/carbs/fats and keep posting to let us know how its going.

Roger that, I'm going to start first thing tomorrow morning.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Eggs are your friend. Cheap and a perfect source of fats and proteins.

When you eat during the day is completely irrelevant to how your body will burn fat. Eat all your calories in one meal or eat once per hour, make no diff.

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Anxnymous what exactly is a 50/15/5 split?? Where is the other 35% of calories at?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Anxnymous
    You still need 4-6 meals, more you spread it out an eat throughout the day it will keep your metabolism going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anxnymous
    With all due respect, this is outdated info that has been disproven beyond a doubt. Meal frequency has zero effect on metabolism. Whether you eat 2000 calories in a single meal or over the course of 6, your body has to metabolize 2000 calories. Larger meals will simply take longer to digest. Comparing the (complex) human systems to a simple furnace sounds like a good analogy, but is flawed thinking.

OP - a diet you can stick to is the diet that you'll find success with. If eating 3 meals/day suits your lifestyle, then by all means, stick with that. Just make sure you're hitting your macro/micro nutrient goals (once established) and above all else, being consistent and disciplined.

It really is that simple. No need to over think it any further, especially at ~20% bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    With all due respect, this is outdated info that has been disproven beyond a doubt. Meal frequency has zero effect on metabolism. Whether you eat 2000 calories in a single meal or over the course of 6, your body has to metabolize 2000 calories. Larger meals will simply take longer to digest. Comparing the (complex) human systems to a simple furnace sounds like a good analogy, but is flawed thinking.

OP - a diet you can stick to is the diet that you'll find success with. If eating 3 meals/day suits your lifestyle, then by all means, stick with that. Just make sure you're hitting your macro/micro nutrient goals (once established) and above all else, being consistent and disciplined.

It really is that simple. No need to over think it any further, especially at ~20% bodyfat.
    What are macros? Please explain.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer

Thread Information