Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hotrod309

Thread: Energy level

Hotrod309 is offline Junior Member

Energy level

Needing some help ... My energy level is just completely shot ... Not sure if my lack of diet is the main culprit or something else .. In gym 4 to 5 times a week .. Starting to incorporate more cardio ... But no matter what feel tired week and bloated from food !!!!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    How do you spend your days? How much sleep are you getting? Are you getting quality sleep? What does your diet look like? What does your training regimen consist of? Have you had bloodwork done recently? What do you do for a living?

There are tons of factors that could lead to chronic fatigue. I'm just trying to get an idea of your lifestyle.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    How do you spend your days? How much sleep are you getting? Are you getting quality sleep? What does your diet look like? What does your training regimen consist of? Have you had bloodwork done recently? What do you do for a living?

There are tons of factors that could lead to chronic fatigue. I'm just trying to get an idea of your lifestyle.

Ummmmm....yea that about covers everything lol. OP it could be many things. You've got to be more detailed about your lifestyle as the good man GB has pointed out.

No haven't had any blood work done. Well 35yrs old 2kids ( that there should be enough) which play travel ball all year .. I work 12hrs shift work in a lab .. So yeah sleep is extremely hard to come by. I typically do 30 to 45 mins of cardio on workout days b4 workout. And 45 to an hr of lifting ( trying to cut some weight)
    I do have a high protein diet between 200-300 per day .. Carbs are up and down .. Cause of the 12 hr shift I typically at 6,9, 12, 3, 6, 9 .. I have a feeling my diet is the main problem and lack of rest ..

Sleep could be a big issue.

Have you noticed any periods of highness and then crashing? Like after a meal you suddenly get tired? Have you checked glucose levels? My sister is diabetic and one warning sign was her constant fatigue after eating meals and rapid weight loss.

How long have you been feeling like this and is it the whole day, part of the day, after certain activities??

I had another back surgery about 11 weeks ago .. And since I've started back hitting the gym hard .. After I workout my body feels like crashing .. I'll probably make an appointment with the doc .. Just to get blood work done ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod309 View Post
    I had another back surgery about 11 weeks ago .. And since I've started back hitting the gym hard .. After I workout my body feels like crashing .. I'll probably make an appointment with the doc .. Just to get blood work done ..
    Are you on any pain meds or any kind of meds?

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Good idea with the blood work that will reveal more than us and you trying to sort it all out. Ya know gbrice said so much as to what it can be. In the mean time as a real good supplement I advise you to get some Methylcobalamin B-12. This should help with appetite and more energy. WE have some info on this Methyl B-12 on here. So if you don't take it already, look into it. I strongly recommend it. It is day and night difference for this old guy. ...crazy mike

Oh, the typical Cyanocobalmin B-12 sold everywhere and in everything the has B-12 incorporated is bunk/junk with my understanding and I have never benifited in the least, nothing from Cyano B-12. Methy B-12 @ 5000mcg ED is what I take. ...cm

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Are you on any pain meds or any kind of meds?
    Yea, I didn't want to ask that one. Simple Simon says that will fvck you up !! ..cm

No I'm not on any type of pills I have to get off the pain pills as soon as possible .. Gives me bad headaches ... I'll look into that b-12 .. Thanks for all the help
    Docd187123 likes this.

Another possibility is after the surgery and time off your conditioning level went down. You may be trying to do the same amount of work but your body's fitness levels went down making fatigue go up. Did you ease back into training or jumped back in head first?

Well I tried to ease back into it ... But felt like a p&$$y .. So started going a little harder

Well I tried to ease back into it ... But felt like a p&$$y .. So started going a little harder
    Lol we all feel like that when giving less than 100% but sometimes you have to. When fatigue levels start to surpass fitness levels, you start dabbling with overtraining. Basically recovery isn't sufficient to the stress of training. Overtraining would cause this side effect and possibly a few more. Is your diet the same or have you introduced new foods, cut cals drastically??

Yeah I've cut back on cals some but figured that would cause fatigue so I've been eating leaner foods ...

Yeah I've cut back on cals some but figured that would cause fatigue so I've been eating leaner foods ...
    How much is some when you're talking about a calorie deficit? A small deficit won't have this big an impact on fatigue unless you're totally taxing yourself with high intensity compound movements all the time. A large deficit on the other hand could do it much easier and would require a concomitant reduction I training volume

U haven't been keeping count like I use to .. But a good guesstimation between 200-400 .. I try and stay around 2400-2600

Hey hotrod, I just got in from the gym. I'm glad your not on the pain meds cause we all know what can happen. Great job there. I'll get out of here now and say hang in it will get better and I speak from experience with hernia surgery and my back just in one year. Just keep it slow but most important consistent. Really look into the Methyl B-12 Good luck ...crazy mike

Just wanted to say thank you for the idea of methyl B-12.. Been taking 500mcg ed .. Works great and also forcing myself to sleep more lol

Thread Information