Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty51312

Thread: Carb cycling on AAS

Black Eagle is offline New Member

Carb cycling on AAS

3 days of high carb, 3 days of moderate carb and 1 day of low carb
    can this increase LBM while still losing BF with AAS using ?

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Losing fat requires a calorie deficit. Gaining muscle requires a calorie surplus. The two oppose each other. If you're a beginner in the gym you can see a recomp effect in the beginning and something like tren could help as well but a recomp is just shorter bulk and cut cycles. It's usually more efficient to go with one and then the other.

What are your stars and proposed cycle? What's your training like, diet, etc?

Black Eagle is offline New Member
    weight : 209lbs
    height : 5'9
    bf : 13%
    training exp : 3 years

currently i'm on test prop 150mg eod and tren ace 100mg eod

diet as i said carb cycling 3 days high carb(350-400g) , 3 days moderate carb (150-200g) and 1 day low carb (50g)

training 4 times per week and 4 times cardio post workout for 45mins

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    if you're trying to cut you're cycling carbs all wrong IMHO. The point of carb cycling is to trick your body from burning carbs for energy into burning fat. If you're only going low carb 3 days, you're body isn't reaching a full state of ketosis. Also there is no carb load in your cycle to reset the proces.

As far as cycles go, most will tell you to pick a goal between cutting and bulking in a cycle. Is it possible to do both? Ofcourse, but you set one or the other as a goal and focus your efforts I think you will be more pleased with your results

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    if you're trying to cut you're cycling carbs all wrong IMHO. The point of carb cycling is to trick your body from burning carbs for energy into burning fat. If you're only going low carb 3 days, you're body isn't reaching a full state of ketosis. Also there is no carb load in your cycle to reset the proces.

As far as cycles go, most will tell you to pick a goal between cutting and bulking in a cycle. Is it possible to do both? Ofcourse, but you set one or the other as a goal and focus your efforts I think you will be more pleased with your results
    Agree with everything you said except about ketosis. Carb cycling, unless taken to the extreme (Keto), will not put anyone into ketosis. It's also not a magical type of diet that burns unlimited fat. Yes the body will use fat to synthesize glucose instead of using carbs for that but you're also taking in much higher dietary fat which will all get stored as fat initially. It's the NET change in fat stores we're concerned about and carb cycling is just as good as no carb cycling provided the diets are isocaloric and protein needs are met. Sorry to nitpick

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I don't consider it nitpicking. Carb cycling for me has always been extreme, 4 to 5 days with only incidental carbs found in my protein and fat sources. (by which on the third day I'm miserable as my body adjusts) Then a one day carb load that resets. I've always used the urinalysis strips to detect ketones to ensure I was where i wanted to be. Therefore adjusting from medium to low carbs doesn't make sense to me

I believe that carb cycling has to be extreme to produce any better results than a balanced macro diet and can work for those who do it right.

I used to use this diet as a pre-cycle primer diet.

Completley respect your input bro
    Docd187123 likes this.

Thread Information