Imperator is offline Junior Member

Dextrose + Whey during workouts. also post workout meal question

Hi everyone.

I am starting a cutting diet. I have my macros set. I hear a lot of people have great success with how they time their carbs with regard to how they train. Article on simplyshredded.com talked about how dextrose with whey during workouts is works well on a cut. Also it states if you do this your post workout meal should contain carbs that are low glycemic.

Question 1.
    With regards to staying within carb macros. What post workout carb on the low glycemic list would work well with this theory. Would a protein shake with milk work?

question 2.
    Anybody use dextrose plus whey during workouts?

Thank you very much
    -Imperator

Darkness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    Hi everyone.

I am starting a cutting diet. I have my macros set. I hear a lot of people have great success with how they time their carbs with regard to how they train. Article on simplyshredded.com talked about how dextrose with whey during workouts is works well on a cut. Also it states if you do this your post workout meal should contain carbs that are low glycemic.

Question 1.
    With regards to staying within carb macros. What post workout carb on the low glycemic list would work well with this theory. Would a protein shake with milk work?

question 2.
    Anybody use dextrose plus whey during workouts?

Thank you very much
    -Imperator
    I start drinking my post workout shake about 15 mins before I'm done, so by the time I'm actually done working out the stuff has started to digest and spiking that insulin .

As for the low GI carb meal you can just do a cup of oats.

Imperator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I start drinking my post workout shake about 15 mins before I'm done, so by the time I'm actually done working out the stuff has started to digest and spiking that insulin .

As for the low GI carb meal you can just do a cup of oats.
    Thank you Darkness!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Are we talking about the anabolic window again?

there are books written on this subject. they even cite authoritative references. But the bottom line is, protein metabolizes out slowly. egg protein is between 4 and 6 hours.

and for an insulin spike by eating glucose, the amount of the spike is low compared to a direct injection, AND that's assuming the glycemic load of the last meal you ate is relatively low, which would also make you tired and less energetic in the gym.

I eat a banana right before walking into the gym to prevent workout fade, and then manage to my macros.

There are a lot of tips and tricks out there that look good on paper, but really have very little effect anywhere else.

Thread Information