manky chops is offline Junior Member

Started do weights in morning, advice to prevent muscle loss?

So at the moment i wake up

5am - pre-workout ice coffee
    - half scoop whey
    - half banana
    - 1 tbsp coffee
    - half scoop bcaa's

Then do my weights

Would i benefit more to have my first meal before morning workouts or would i be fine just have as stated above..?

Currently using clen and 1ml test prop eod aswell

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't do as you intend. I need a good solid two meals in me first, get the blood sugar going the right way, with a new and steady supply of protein ready and at the wait. This is a process for me that takes at least two hours. Anything less, and my performance drops significantly in the gym

For example, I wake up and do a banana. Shortly after, this morning I had 16oz of scrambled egg whites. that is my meal 1 (and I had two cups of black coffee with a splash of 2% milk, no artificial sweeteners, nothing else)

meal two will be coming from the blender and will be thus:
    12.5oz can of Costco chicken breast - extremely low in fat
    1/2 cup raw oats
    12oz apple
    16oz liquid egg whites.

this is about 100 grams of protein, maybe 1 or 2 grams of fat, and the source of the carbs is obvious. the glycemic load of this is low, so it takes awhile before blood sugar levels stabilize.

prior to eating this blended meal, i'll do a scoop of psyllium husk fiber. it expands to 10x it's size and helps absorb much of the liquid from the food from the blender. If I don't do this, my output can be runny, which is not ideal.

back to you. you do as you see fit. but if you experience a drop in intensity or fade towards the end, it's because you have not refueled correctly in the morning.

Make sense?

---Roman

manky chops is offline Junior Member
    I workout better in the mornings with that iced coffee shake as opposed to a whole days meals and after a whole days work, im just curious if that is enough to help prevent muscle loss?

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The correlation between meal timings and muscle loss is zero ​unless by timings we are talking about days which I assume we are not.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    You will be fine. Whatever you do your body will quickly adapt. Dont sweat the small stuff, you can experiment and see what feels best for you but that doesnt mean anything for me necessarily. I honestky think If you just did what you are doing even if initially it didint feel great in a week or so you would be excellent with it. Just my current thoughts on the matter. In a year maybe different but for now I believe that.

Blog Entries
    You dont need to change. Only thing that will lead to muscle loss is stopping strength training or not getting enough proteins. Meal timing and meal choice is personal preference.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    I always train very early morning on a empty stomach, except for a coffee and my lifting is worse when I have had food. If I train at night im up all night

Thread Information