Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Farts and Bloating....what to do?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    remove the liquid egg whites and see how your body responds.
    I agree the liquid egg whites is probably a trigger. But not the only trigger. I find a similar discomfort with whey isolate as well. I've already reduced my intake of LEW from three to two pints a day. The question then arises, what do I sub it with.

For me, I think the problem is whenever I rely on a protein source for too long, I begin to bloat.

Another variable I could experiment with is rotation.

I do not get the bloat from muscle tissue based protein so much.

I suppose I could go a few days without the liquid egg white, and just blend up chicken in the shaker cup.

I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens.

remove the liquid egg whites and see how your body responds.
    new theory.

my son came up with it

it goes something like this....

anything come out of a shaker cup isn't chewed and goes down fast

1) not chewing denies the food certain enzymes found in saliva necessary for complete digestion.
    2) Gulping down 100 grams of protein in 15 seconds (egg white and chicken each are 50 grams) goes through your system real fast, similar to the way we think of the GV of carbs. This also contributes to insufficient metabolic time needed for complete digestion.

This means, Mr. Ragin Cajun, that yes, I'm off the liquid egg whites. I'm off the enzymes and most of the simethicone. And the gas/bloat is 95% gone.

One way of supporting this theory is by looking at the two foods that give me the most problems:
    1) liquid egg whites
    2) whey

I consume both out of shaker cups, and I'm starting to realize when I consume food from a shaker cup, is when I get the gas/bloat.

Additionally, I'm cooking 8 whole eggs for breakfast most days, and no problems with cooked eggs.

I like the convenience of shaker cup meals.

So now, at work for lunch, I have to use my teeth and chew my food. I eat chicken straight out of the can, two each, and 4 pieces of fruit.

Thoughts?

I am considering making protein cookies with whey to see if I remain gas/bloat free. if so, I'm thinking I'll stop eating food permanently from my shaker cup.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Your bowels will thank you and everyone around you might love you again!

And don't forget your denture paste!

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree that drinking your food was probably the culprit all along. For some reason eggs make me more gassy than anything else, except for whey concentrate, that kills me. Have you tried cooking the egg whites and eating them? I only drink one scoop of protein powder at a time, any more and I get the bloat and gas. Beans in my meals is another thing that makes me gassy, but I suspect that is the same with most people. Glad you figured it out, all those chemicals would make me nervous as far as limiting the bodies natural processes and becoming dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    I agree that drinking your food was probably the culprit all along. For some reason eggs make me more gassy than anything else, except for whey concentrate, that kills me. Have you tried cooking the egg whites and eating them? I only drink one scoop of protein powder at a time, any more and I get the bloat and gas. Beans in my meals is another thing that makes me gassy, but I suspect that is the same with most people. Glad you figured it out, all those chemicals would make me nervous as far as limiting the bodies natural processes and becoming dependent.

cooked eggs absolutely no problem. jUst ate 8 of them.

on the one hand, yeah, glad I think I may have figured out the "curse of the shaker cup",
    but a little disappointed too.

now I have pounds of a variety of enzymes, and hundreds of tabs (probably close to 900) of the simethicone.

Your bowels will thank you and everyone around you might love you again!

And don't forget your denture paste!

agree. slight gas, but no odor. I think it's the "curse of the shaker cup"

figured out what I'm going to do with the multiple pounds of the papayian and the bromelein since I won't be needing it.......

.........looked it up online and the Chinese use it to tenderize their meat, which is why so tender.

still very little bloat and gas. my intake of simethicone has been going down.

fairly certain, for me, anything come out of a shaker cup is the problem

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    still very little bloat and gas. my intake of simethicone has been going down. fairly certain, for me, anything come out of a shaker cup is the problem
    Thanks for sharing.

Irish_muscle is offline Junior Member
    I always look for a not so quiet but isolated spot on the gym and at the office, just in case...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Good live cultures of probiotics has helped me in addition to supplementing Magnesium Chelated! The probiotics(I get have anywhere from 25000 - 50000 live cultures)

From 4 ventral hernia repairs/& GI problems this has really made a difference for me... Just food for thought...

bina is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Good live cultures of probiotics has helped me in addition to supplementing Magnesium Chelated! The probiotics(I get have anywhere from 25000 - 50000 live cultures) From 4 ventral hernia repairs/& GI problems this has really made a difference for me... Just food for thought...
    Are those usually only the refrigerated probiotics? I take some I get from Costco.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bina View Post
    Are those usually only the refrigerated probiotics? I take some I get from Costco.
    The ones I was referring to are the ones needed to be refrigerated... The more live cultures the better, imo... And I'm sure you can get em through Costco as well but I'll usually get mine from Whole Foods...

TBH, I would think they are all ok... Just the more live cultures in them the better the quality seems to be. But as long as they're working for you I wouldn't think you'd need to change(unless your having some irritation in your GI tract -like me)...

Hope that helps a lil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information