Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ridethespiral33 is offline New Member

slowly head toward keto diet to bulk?

I wanted to try something different.. maintenance for me is 3000cals 40p/35c/25f at 235lbs.. i want to up carbs and slowly head toward 55f/40p/5c and eventually hit 250.. refeed once per week 40/40/20.. my bf% is about 11-12.. critique this idea please

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Protein sounds really excessive, read the thread on rethinking the 40/40/20 split.

Idk much about keto, I'm not sure if you're supposed to cut carbs and shock your body into keto or if you can slowly do it, I like the idea though.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    There is an upward limit on how many grams of protein per day you can metabolize before you are not longer able to utilize any more and it just ends up as waist. I've spent some time thinking on this, and I would suggest not exceeding 1.5grams of protein per pound of lean body mass per day. I think you will find it difficult to bulk up at 5% carbs. I would calculate how much protein you need based on the above, and go 3500 cals as a caloric target, and the remainder cals comprised of twice as many from carbs as from fat.

not knowing your stats, I can't do any of these calculations for you, but this is generally what I would suggest for a simple clean bulk.

If you were trying to reduce bf%, there would be a different strategy other than what I just mentioned.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

Pericu is offline Junior Member
    Why exactly do you want to try something else? What are you hoping to achieve with it?

There's no doubt that a ketogetic diet is great for fat loss, but with that being said, not everybody functions well on a keto diet, especially if you're doing a real keto diet and aiming for a as little carbs as possible.

The meaning of a bulk is to increase str.+muscle mass. Most often, strength and endurance of the muscles are reduced on an extremely low carb intake. I don't want to say that you can't increase Muscle mass+str. on a keto diet. Jon Anderson is a good example that it can work, but I think it's not the most efficient way to bulk.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    It may be hard to bulk with just one refeed per week, you might do better with 2.

Thread Information