Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Khazima

Thread: Here's my Diet, what do you think. Taking advice.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cody95 is offline Member

Here's my Diet, what do you think. Taking advice.

Hi, i'm going to list my current diet (Bulking), which i have been using for some time now i would say around 4 months. I was around 180 when i started and i am now 201. I've put on really good size, seeing a'lot more definition, i'm sure i've gained a'lot of water weight and i know i've put on a little fat over my abs then again i am bulking, every time someone i know sees me they complement my size, even the trainer at my gym the past few months as i got bigger he would say something about it every time he would see me, now we train together. It feels really good to be where i'm at now, i've learned so much about myself this past year, my weight fluctuated a bit but i learned what my body needed and what works for me. I will accept any advice given, please no negative comments, i want to have a negative free post.

Meal #1 Is a home made mass gainer, when i wake up. Cal: 1,010
    Protein shake
    4 Tbsp peanut butter
    Banana
    1/2 cups oats
    2 cups milk

Meal# 2 Pre workout Cal:520
    4oz chicken breast
    4 egg whites
    1 cup white rice
    1 1/2 chopped broccoli

Meal#3 Post workout Cal:630
    8oz chicken breast
    2 greek yogurt
    1 cup white rice

Meal#4 Cal: 554
    4oz steak
    300g Yam

Snack Protein shake Cal:170

Meal#5 Cal: 185
    4oz chicken breast
    3 cups salad (No ranch) 1Tbsp Italian dressing

Snack protein shake Cal:170

Meal#6 Cal: 341
    5 egg whites
    1 cup brown rice

Meal# 7 before bed Cal:280
    4 whole eggs

Total Calories 3,860
    This is my daily menu, doesn't include cheat meals, sometimes i like to throw in an extra Greek yogurt or a little snack.
    I usually workout 6-7 days a week for an hour, besides this last week i have been stressed due to an upcoming interview.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to figure out your macros. P/C/F

And also figure out your tdee. Good job on the gains.

Cody95 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    You need to figure out your macros. P/C/F

And also figure out your tdee. Good job on the gains.
    Thank you i appreciate that, and i know i will do that.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody95 View Post
    Hi, i'm going to list my current diet (Bulking), which i have been using for some time now i would say around 4 months. I was around 180 when i started and i am now 201. I've put on really good size, seeing a'lot more definition, i'm sure i've gained a'lot of water weight and i know i've put on a little fat over my abs then again i am bulking, every time someone i know sees me they complement my size, even the trainer at my gym the past few months as i got bigger he would say something about it every time he would see me, now we train together. It feels really good to be where i'm at now, i've learned so much about myself this past year, my weight fluctuated a bit but i learned what my body needed and what works for me. I will accept any advice given, please no negative comments, i want to have a negative free post.

Meal #1 Is a home made mass gainer, when i wake up. Cal: 1,010
    Protein shake
    4 Tbsp peanut butter
    Banana
    1/2 cups oats
    2 cups milk

Meal# 2 Pre workout Cal:520
    4oz chicken breast
    4 egg whites
    1 cup white rice
    1 1/2 chopped broccoli

Meal#3 Post workout Cal:630
    8oz chicken breast
    2 greek yogurt
    1 cup white rice

Meal#4 Cal: 554
    4oz steak
    300g Yam

Snack Protein shake Cal:170

Meal#5 Cal: 185
    4oz chicken breast
    3 cups salad (No ranch) 1Tbsp Italian dressing

Snack protein shake Cal:170

Meal#6 Cal: 341
    5 egg whites
    1 cup brown rice

Meal# 7 before bed Cal:280
    4 whole eggs

Total Calories 3,860
    This is my daily menu, doesn't include cheat meals, sometimes i like to throw in an extra Greek yogurt or a little snack.
    I usually workout 6-7 days a week for an hour, besides this last week i have been stressed due to an upcoming interview.
    some confusion I think going on here

the main reason to eat egg whites is to avoid the fatty content of the yolk, which can be significant
    yet I see you later eating peanut butter, which is extremely fatty. which seems to defeat the purpose of the egg whites. if you are going to eat above TDEE, then no need for egg whites. just eat the whole egg. more nutritious, more calories, less expensive than egg white.

not a big fan of the white rice. it's processed, and loses the nutritive value and fiber of the husk. if you eat rice, better would be to eat whole brown rice.

overall, fairly balanced. not sure the macros of the meal, and whether or not sufficient protein. or your stats, or your TDEE.

Instead of all the white rice, you may consider more fruit, especially pre gym where the extra energy can give gym performance a boost.

All in, this diet looks decent, and you can do a lot of good with it. My suggestions are just some fine tuning I would do, but I dont' think are critical.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

Cody95 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

some confusion I think going on here

the main reason to eat egg whites is to avoid the fatty content of the yolk, which can be significant
    yet I see you later eating peanut butter, which is extremely fatty. which seems to defeat the purpose of the egg whites. if you are going to eat above TDEE, then no need for egg whites. just eat the whole egg. more nutritious, more calories, less expensive than egg white.

not a big fan of the white rice. it's processed, and loses the nutritive value and fiber of the husk. if you eat rice, better would be to eat whole brown rice.

overall, fairly balanced. not sure the macros of the meal, and whether or not sufficient protein. or your stats, or your TDEE.

Instead of all the white rice, you may consider more fruit, especially pre gym where the extra energy can give gym performance a boost.

All in, this diet looks decent, and you can do a lot of good with it. My suggestions are just some fine tuning I would do, but I dont' think are critical.

Good luck!
    ---Roman
    I appreciate the advice. The reason I eat egg whites and then later eat whole eggs is simply for the protein, and I eat the whole eggs before bed for a slow fat digestion throughout the night so i dont wake up hungry in the night because a can't afford to take casein protein atm. Also I'll try to eat more fruit like you said, I avoid it usually because it's loaded with sugar which I try to avoid.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Try cottage cheese at night, it is basically casein protein, and it's cheap

Hard_Body is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    only thing with that is it can be high in sodium, but yeah it is excellent protein source, having some tonight, I feel like pasta would help a lot to if your looking to bulk

Cody95 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    The problem with that is I hate it! Atleast I did like 5 years ago, is there anything I can mix it with to make it taste better?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The problem with that is I hate it! Atleast I did like 5 years ago, is there anything I can mix it with to make it taste better?
    I'm not a fan of it either, but i put 20g of it between 2 rice cakes like a cottage cheese/rice cake sandwich lol.
    Badblues likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i either add fruit to it, or protein powder. i also mix it in my shakes to blend it up. you can also make pancakes with it

Dude guy! I have cottage cheese three times a day! Put your protein in it. I put cinnamon, blueberries, chocolate protein, and my flavored bio gro. Try it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1217141237b.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	154337
    Last edited by AllKindsOGains; 12-17-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information