Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: Bulk Diet?

The KFC Guy is offline New Member

Bulk Diet?

I know this isn't no perfect diet and I'm looking for opinions on what to change to make it a good bulking diet, this is usually what my regular day consist of:

Meal 1:
    4 eggs, 200g chicken, 1 scoop mass gainer
    = 1090 calories, 109g Protein, 150g Carbs, 29g Fat

Meal 2:
    200g chicken breast, 2 cups rice, green veggies
    = 525 calories, 58g protein, 45g carbs, 13g fat

Meal 3:
    2 cans tuna, 2 bannanas
    = 510 Calories, 38g Protein, 46g Carbs, 20g Fats

Meal 4: PP
    1 scoop whey, 1 scoop mass gainer
    200g chicken, 1 1/2 cups rice
    = 1900 Calories, 116g Protein, 221g Carbs, 23g Fat

Meal 5:
    200 grams steak, 2 tbsp peanut butter
    = 684 Calories, 63g Protein, 6g Carb, 46g Fat

Meal 6: Before Bed
    greek yoghurt, 1 can tuna, 2 potatos with cottage cheese
    = 585 Calories, 47g Protein, 81g Carbs, 10g Fat

Calories= 5300
    Protein= 431g
    Carbs= 550g
    Fats= 141g

183pounds, 5'5" around 20% bf
    Last edited by The KFC Guy; 04-03-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Seems like way to many calories. No need for so much protein, why the excess of everything?

What's your goal weight and you goals (hypertrophy/strength etc)?

I'm a pig, I love eating that's my problem :L

Looking to put on some more Muscle mass without putting on that much BF

I want to hit 195lbs before I shred

Alot of my calories are from the mass gainer shake

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well the diet itself looks fine, it's the total calories that matters if you want to put on less fat. Eat closer to your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and you'll still be able to gain muscle while keeping the fat off, although somewhat slower than if you we're to straight bulk.

195 at 5'5 is pretty damn big, how long have you been training? This will affect how quickly you'll want to reach 195.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Look at meal one and meal two...there is only 1 gm difference of protein however meal one has 4 extra eggs and a scoop of mass gainer, the protein rating of that meal should likely be 40 gm more protein...Need to look at the macros again and fix them...

i agree with Khazima you will get there and to fast and you will be sloppy...way to many calories for your starting point...need to learn to control your eating and not let it define you, and in your own word you are a pig, BBing and body transformation is about self control and dedication, need to change your mind set and calories and you will get there no doubt about it...its not a 100m dash race its more like 10Km run...
    The KFC Guy likes this.

I'll replace the mass gainer with whey instead that will drop 800 calories alone each shaker serving. Will drop it down to around 3800 calories/day.
    What should my daily calorie intake be?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Well the diet itself looks fine, it's the total calories that matters if you want to put on less fat. Eat closer to your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and you'll still be able to gain muscle while keeping the fat off, although somewhat slower than if you we're to straight bulk.

195 at 5'5 is pretty damn big, how long have you been training? This will affect how quickly you'll want to reach 195.
    I've been training for around 3 years mate, gains are slowing down

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    What is your TDEE? When bulking you should be 500kcal over TDEE. Im just throwing numbers here, but say you have a TDEE around 3k. Then you should consume 3500kcal a day. Very few have a much higher TDEE then 3k. Some who´s got a very physical job could have around 4k but not many. Then when you know your TDEE you should calculate your macros. Typical is 40/40/20 but on a bulk you should consume more carbs then fat to maintain energy. So perhaps 50/30/20, but this is more what you personally are most comfortable with.
    To calculate TDEE you need, height, weight, how much you train each week or how much you "move" in your job etc. I highly doubt you need as much as 5300kcal to grow.

I'm dropping the mass gainer shake which will drop my calories down to 3800, might also drop the 2 cups of rice to 1

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by The KFC Guy
    I'm dropping the mass gainer shake which will drop my calories down to 3800, might also drop the 2 cups of rice to 1
    Make those adjustments and see what happens.

Relative to being a piggy, your stomach can be trained to enjoy less food. I can't eat now nearly what I once did....stomach shrunk???

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Bulking and cutting to me are a difference of +or-500 calories over TDEE. So I'd take a wild guess that your tdee is somewhere around 2500-3000 calories. So no more than 3500 calories for a bulk. Also to me anything over 2 grams of protein per lb of lean body mass is a waste. I dont' see any complex/low GI carbs. Switch with brown rice, but make it half rice half quinoa. Use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Cut the carbs before bedtime. Theres no need to put this much fuel in the tank when you're just going to sleep. Stick to protein and healthy fat at bedtime Just friendly suggestions

Thread Information