Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MR-FQ320

Thread: macro so confused please help

nadakuss is offline New Member

macro so confused please help

ok so i am well overweight (still) i have been doing lots of reasearch you tube you guys on here ect but im still quite confused my stats are
    age 31
    gender male
    height 5ft 10
    weight 110kg
    body fat im guessing around 30-40%
    i have used my fitness calculator and have come up with a tdee of 3105 for mantenence 2484 for fat loss and bulking realy doesnt apply to me. bmr has come out at 2259 cal/day.
    however when i scroll across to the break down carbs/fat/proteein im pretty sure its wrong.
    so 2484 is the majic number on a 40\40\20 is telling me i need 248g protien 248g carbs and 55g fat per day. in fact whatever you change the calorie/day to it uses the first 3 numbers???? it could be me being simple. all i want to know if you guys could help me is how many grams of each i need per day to loose some weight?? many thanks in advance.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    I make 2409 to maintain, and around 2000 to cut.

Go 50/30/20 , so 250g p 150c 50f

5/6 meals evenly spread out, do the same with the cals, keep stodgy carbs around workout.

Stick to it for two weeks, weigh in and readjust.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    welcome back!

no way your maintenance cals is that high

i have your maintenance cals around 2400. 242 lbs x .35 BF = 157.3 lbs of LBM

157.3 LBM x 15 = 2359.50 cals

you need to be eating around 2000 cals a day to try to cut.

Yeah I went with 30% bf

Thanks for your help guys. this might be a simple question again so sorry for that. 250g protien per meal is that 250g in weight as in 250g chicken breast or 250g of lean beef or tuna ect or is that 250g of protein content I seem to remember a can of tuna having around 30g protien but it obviously weights a lot more than 30g?????? Thanks for your time your all very helpful.

250g refers to per day, so for easy math you ideal want 5 meals with 50g of protein content, so yes u are correct in saying a tin of tuna only has 30g of protein in , as does a chicken breast.

skaz915 is offline Member
    You want to feed your LBM ( lean body mass) not your total weight

Ok I think I'm getting it. Is there a good place to look up the macros of food against how much it weighs?? I recently purchased a pair of kitchen Scales and if I knew for example that 50 grams of lean beef protien weights 78 grams it would make my life a whole lot easier same goes for carbs and fat?? Thanks again for all your help.

Do you have a smart phone ? I use myfitnesspal app it's great, easy, convenient

Ok so here's my first attempt feel free to pick it to peices my maths is awful I I really won't be offended.
    Meal one. 3 eggs 3 egg whites scrambled
    Meal two 150 g of chicken 150 g of potato/rice and veggies
    Meal 3 same as above
    Meal 4 can of tuna with salad
    Meal 5 ether chicken or lean beef with 200 g of sweet potato.
    It feels like I have far to many carbs maybe my maths is wrong grams of carbs to grams of actual product. As I get used to it I will adapt I plan to use lots of different types of food but for now I'm trying to keep it simple. Thanks again

Without the maths there I have to go look up the values for each food and meal, help us out and post them too. Also which is PWO meal ?

I googled these:
    All weights are 100 grams
    100 grams of chicken has 20g of protein
    Turkey has 23g
    Lean mince beef has 27g
    Tuna has 30g
    Salmon has 25g.
    3 eggs has 18g
    3 egg whites has 10g

100 grams of white potato has 17g of carbs
    100 grams of baked potato has 21g
    Sweet potato 20
    Brown rice 23
    White long grain 28

Again I googled these they could be wrong. I would be working out around 9 at night so didn't know weather to leave meal 5 till after workout and just grab a banana before I go or to eat meal 5 around 7 ish and not eat till breakfast??

I'm not looking to be Arnold I just need to loose some fat I found this fourm while looking for a quick fix and the knowledge on here seemed unbelievable so I thought I would ask about the macros ect. As I'm not looking for that awesome beach body would I be better off with weight watchers or something like that???? Please don't be offended just thought I'd ask

None of us would be offended, we are all trying to help you and anyone that comes and asks for help. You see, the devil is in the detail, if you can master the basics of food then magic begins to happen to the body when applied correctly, I am just trying to show you how the magic works.

Work out your bodies requirements and goals, work out a meal plan to suit via macros and calories, apply , wait, readjust to suit. Plan, do, check, act.
    nadakuss and matt thebeard like this.

Thread Information