uhit is offline Member

When is a 'break' a good idea when cutting

Been cutting for the past month or so at 2,000 - 2,100 calories a day. No cardio at the moment, just my regular walking to uni/gym/library. Managed to lose about 10lbs (including some water weight), and am about 5-6lbs from my weight goal (165lbs) which should be the correct number for me to reach 10% comfortably.

There is alot of information on the net, however alot of misguided information at that. My issue is that at the moment, I am wondering if a week of eating at maintenance (2,400ish) would provide me with any benefit in regards to metabolism issues, or would it just be fine to continue cutting at 2,000-2,100 calories and perhaps include some cardio on my offdays to help create a larger deficit should the fat loss stall.

Been advised to take a week off, but I am skeptical about this and would like some more opinions.

Thanks for reading.

It all depends. How has your weight been every week? Are you still continuing to lose? If you have then there's no need to do a refeed DAY. I don't suggest doing a week of maintenance calories. Refeed day is basically just upping your carbs a lot for that day to restart your metabolism.

You could also cut your carbs lower on non workout days as well. Like you said implementing cardio as well will create a bigger deficit. I'm also at 2000-2100 calories a day. I don't do any cardio and I have a cheat meal every week depending on what the scale says

uhit is offline Member
    I am continuing to lose steadily with no complaints. However everyones telling me I'd kill my metabolism? Basically hearing bad advise and just wanted some clarification.

Yes after awhile your metabolism will become accustom to the low calories and you will hit a platue. Until then there is no reason to have a refeed day. Just keep doing you man. It's working.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Agree with the above. You have quite a lot of room for manoeuvre really. Eat a day at 2500 cals , do cardio.

Thread Information