hallacam is offline Junior Member

Getting big ON THE ROAD. HELP!

Ok so I'm looking to gain weight and muscle. But my job requires me to drive all day. I go from appointment to appointment constantly on the road.

My day consist of
    Breakfast
    Gym
    On the road until night time

So what are some tips/ways to get in my needed calories since I can't just have meals prepped to warm up? Some days I don't even have time to stop for lunch at a restaurant, not to mention I'm on a budget. I've had days where I only had time to stop at a gas station for a protein bar.. I'm basically getting 2 good meals. Breakfast and dinner.

Any help?

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Meal prep the food. Eat after each appointment. No one is going to no if u take 5 min before u pull away to the next place.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    well just make sure you get your calories and macros eaten in them two meals....you do not have to eat every hour. two hours etc. Its the totals for the day that count. dont make life hard for your self.

snack during the day if you feel you need it.....nuts, pro bar, shakes. DONE mate.

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Meal prep the food. Eat after each appointment. No one is going to no if u take 5 min before u pull away to the next place.
    How would I meal prep if I can't warm up the food?

Quote Originally Posted by hallacam
    How would I meal prep if I can't warm up the food?
    Eat it cold.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Eat cold. Peanut butter, chicken salad, even salmon taste pritty good cold. Sweet potatoes are also good cold.
    The other option is like energizer bunny said.

I have a hard time eating just two big meals a day so I separate it into 5 meals. I usually have to eat one or two of them cold. But it's not bad if u make the right stuff.

No doubt. Thanks

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do a similar job. I work fixing exercise equipment in a variety of gyms and spend about 70% of my average day driving.

What is do most weeks is buy 5 pounds of rice, then season and cook and add it to some rice. I usually try to do about a 55/35/10 split so the chicken rice along with some veggies (banana's, apples and usually a mix of strawberries and blueberries) gets me in the ballpark.

Anyway it works for me but I am pretty resilient on eating bland food, I think the fact I eat it while driving also keeps me from focusing on how bland and monotonous it is :-)

The other great thing is its good cold and its sticky so I can easily eat it while driving down the highway without any falling in my lap.

Thread Information