Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By novastepp
  • 1 Post By 73rr

Thread: On cycle, bulking, and always hungry

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

On cycle, bulking, and always hungry

26 years old, 6'2" 215lbs around 15% bf. Almost through my second week of my bulking cycle and it doesn't seem right that I am hungry all the time, even though I have increased my cals. It just feels wrong to be starving during a bulk lol. I want to keep fat gain to a minimum but I also want to gain as much muscle as possible. Is this one of those times I should listen to my body and eat more or just stick to the plan of slowly increasing calories every week?

papathesmurf is offline Junior Member
    I think it would be best to stick with the plan so you will minimize unnecessary fat gain. However it may be beneficial to switch up your carb sources to foods that would keep you fuller longer.

What kinds of foods are you eating for your carbs?

Also, are you taking any peptides such as GHRP-6?

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If it was me I would eat!! Then eat some more!
    Just make sure it's clean food. Your on cycle and trying to bulk. Food and hard work is what's going to get u there. In my apinion your body telling u its hungry is just going to make it easier to put down all that food!

Papasmurf.. no peptides I'm eating oats and sweet potatoes for carbs.

73rr... I wish that was the answer lol I just want to eat a ton lol

papathesmurf is offline Junior Member
    Umm, maybe try brown rice or Ezekiel cereal instead of the oats? I always feel pretty full after sweet potatoes but I get pretty hungry fairly quickly after my morning oatmeal.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Lay out your current diet, maybe we can tweak it some.

Maybe add some more fats in your diet, some natty PB
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    26 years old, 6'2" 215lbs around 15% bf. Almost through my second week of my bulking cycle and it doesn't seem right that I am hungry all the time, even though I have increased my cals. It just feels wrong to be starving during a bulk lol. I want to keep fat gain to a minimum but I also want to gain as much muscle as possible. Is this one of those times I should listen to my body and eat more or just stick to the plan of slowly increasing calories every week?
    Don't hold back, especially in regard to eating. Turn it up now and don't forget some carb up days. You need to have enough energy for workouts, and enough to recover as fully as possible in between training sessions. Eat up.
    73rr likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    As long as you are gaining on your current nutrition plan there is no reason to add more food. Add more good when the gains slow

Blog Entries
    Maybe your leptin levels are low and a high carb day might be helpful. Just account for it in your macros, do one day high in carbs and low in fats and see if that helps. -Cheers

Current diet:

1 1/2 cups oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop whey

9oz chicken breast (weighed cooked)
    sweet potato

6 whole eggs
    1 cup rice

2 cups oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 scoop whey
    1/4 cup natty peanut butter

I will sometimes substitute 6oz salmon for the chicken or eggs

Wow, to me I would say your not eating to much food. I have pretty similar stats as u and I eat alot more then that. Eat up.

Side note, I'm kinda jealous of u being at your stats and eating that much!

I have been cutting for the past 6 months and I was eating even less than that lol. I have always been skinny and always ate as much as I wanted because I was constantly trying to get bigger. I was up to about 225lbs and realized I looked like crap so I cut down to about 205lbs. Im 3 weeks into my cycle and I am trying to put on some quality size... Im just worried about putting on more fat than necessary after working so hard on my cut.

Yea I feel u! I like to believe that once I hit 215lbs and under 15% bf I will be happy. But I'm sure i will still feel skinny and start bulking again.

I said earlier to just eat as much clean food as your body let's u and I kinda stand by that still. If u feel like your getting a little fatty just start walking for 30 min up hill on tread mill until your happy with size.

Also let me add that I eat aBove 3200 cals a day. Usually go a decent amount higher at that well bulking
    Last edited by 73rr; 10-26-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

KBall32 is offline Junior Member
    I would add more meat for protein and substitute for eggs and whey. When I eat eggs or a shake they just don't hold me over like meat. I do realize budget might affect this choice. Agree with 73rr, eat more and start cardio to control fat gain. For me this works better than calories when it comes to maintaining mass and dropping fat.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    I'm just over halfway through a bulking cycle and I am the same way -- insatiable.
    I was cutting before I started, eating bt 1800-2200 cals/day. Then I switched to 2900-3100 and it was seriously painful to get that much food down. Now, I'm 3900-4200 cals/day and could eat more. The most interesting thing to me is, according to my mirror and my roommate, I'm dropping bodyfat (and I'm a 45 year-old endomorph). I say heed the advice of the experts and eat up. If you don't like the results youre getting, cut back. Eat, move big weight around, REST, repeat.

Thread Information