Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hellomycognomen

Thread: Are diet drinks really worse than regular drinks?

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Are diet drinks really worse than regular drinks?

I just read an article on this and I have actually heard this before. Not to mention all the claims that artificial sweeteners cause cancer and eat your organs lol. But artificial sweeteners create insulin spikes just like sugar causing your body to store fat? Im not someone who has one diet soda after another day in and day out and I mostly drink water but when I do go for a flavored drink (maybe twice a day) I have been drinking low or no calorie drinks like powerade zero, lipton zero calorie tea mix, zero sugar energy drinks. Am I doing more harm than good? Would I be better off just drinking a regular energy drink or regular powerade?

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is why I drink bcaa through out the day. I do a gallon of water(at least) and the. A couple water bottles of bcaa just so I'm not going crazy with plan water! I drink no pop or monster energy or anything of that stuff. But thenow again I will have a beer or two. Maybe three haha

Energy drinks are a weak point for me lol I love them. Ice tea is another weakness I have. lol

My sister is like that with ice tea. She can't help her self with them. If there is a ice tea around she is drinking it!

I keep telling her to get off that s**t but she always said that she will never stop drinking them. She believes they are a alternative to water and better them soda.
    Last edited by 73rr; 10-29-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't think there is any conclusive evidence that diet sodas are bad for your health.

All the layman articles I have come across are either opinions or blame other aspects, such as eating more calories because people feel the diet soda makes up for it, etc.

You can drink whatever you want but I highly doubt that an artificial sweeter will cause more of an insulin spike than drinking sugar water which is basically what a sports drink and regular soda are.

I drink a bunch of diet coke. I love it and will never give it up.

Fit the sugary drinks into your carb macros and you will be good to go.

-Cheers
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

Lol I just am starting to wonder if putting these possibly harmful artificial sweeteners into my body and they are just as bad diet wise as regular drinks

I can completely agree. As long as your fitting it into your diet/ macros your fine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Lol I just am starting to wonder if putting these possibly harmful artificial sweeteners into my body and they are just as bad diet wise as regular drinks
    I dont think there is any hard evidence to support them being labeled as "bad"

If you find some info, post it so we can all discuss its merits.

-Cheers

ianstevson is offline New Member
    i drink diet coke 3 times a week, just with some heavy meals its so good

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Zero calories is zero calories ! :0. It does bloat you as i have become bloated after starting to drink diet coke all the time. Is it bad for weightloss or bodybuilding...probably not. Is it bad for your overall health? Considering all the artificial flavors and sweeteners and preservatives, probably.

Althenery is offline Associate Member
    You may get cancer but you wont get fat.

Thread Information