McPhatty is offline New Member

Post Just want advice, your thoughts, and maybe other foods so I can have variety.

Hello everyone. I am a male, 41 years young. 5'7, currently 226lbs. BF I would say around 35%. I used an online calculator, not the best way I know, but wanted to post something on here. Majority of it around the gut and upper body. Long story short, married 14 years, let myself go, yada yada yada, im not the first one going through this, going through divorce, from 263lbs went down to 238lbs until 6 weeks ago,my brother landed in ICU with clogged arteries. That was a HUGE wake up call for me. Went from 238lbs down to 226lbs as of this morning. I mostly focus on Cardio (Treadmill and Elliptical 40 min) when I go to the gym at 5am. I have incorporated weights into my workout regiment. This way I can keep burning calories throughout the day. The weights I do are light and high rep. Mostly machines so that I get more muscles worked out at once. Once I hit my desired weight goal, I would like to incorporate more weight lifting and less cardio. Free weights is what I prefer but the machines help me keep it light. ( 50 to 70lbs for now) Listed below is my diet. Any Advice is greatly appreciated.

Pre-Workout:
    Mr. Hyde pre-workout

Supplements: After I come home from Gym and throughout the day
    Censor( 6 a day broken up in pairs 3 hours apart) I like the omega-3 and oils it has in it.
    LipoRush ( Finishing up bottle and switching up) I like it but meh.

Breakfast:
    Wheybolic 60 protein shake after workout (40g to feed the muscles before I shower)
    Multi Vitamins

3 servings of egg beaters egg white
    low sodium Boars Head Turkey 1 serving
    .5 slice of Boars head Fontina Boars head Cheese
    1 cup Skim Milk

Mid Morning Snack:
    Yeah One Protein Bar

Lunch: Work Provides so I always make sure to have

Lean (meat, poultry, fish)
    Salad ( Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar) separate not pre-mixed
    Veggies if available ( Zucchini; green bean; mushrooms; asparagus) about a palm size serving and different veggies on
    different days. Unless they are grilled which would be ( Zucchini, Red Peppers and Mushrooms)

Mid Afternoon Snack:
    Isopure Glass bottle drink
    1 serving of Whole Almonds (plain)

Dinner:
    Lean Meat (3 or 4oz depends on serving)
    Quinoa or Vegetable Pasta or Cottage Cheese

I also make sure to stay hydrated with at least a gallon of water to 1.5 gallons of water a day.

I try and keep my calories at 1700 because after reading Austinite's posts about first cycle and fat cutting I calculated my TDEE is right there. I also use (My Fitness Pal) app to help me count my calories. I got my Macro from the app and I hope I posted it correctly.

When I was in my late 20s I did use gear and to be quite honest, it was awesome! Now I am more concerned about getting rid of this spare tire I have. Gear is not in the plan right now BUT will probably be in the future. Once I reach a weight I am comfortable and happy with I might try a few cycles again. I actually found a bunch of D-bol in my suit jacket from when I did my gear in the past. NO, I do not plan on using it but kills me to toss it even though it is about 14 years old. It will end up in the trash soon. To my surprise, with the current weight loss I have accomplished, I am seeing my muscles again. My current goal is to reach 200lbs and then see where I am. At my lowest point in my late 20's, I was weighing 185 and really happy. Never got my six pack, but I was not ashamed to take my shirt off at the beach and was feeling great. Again any advice or even things to maybe change it up a bit so I don't get bored is appreciated. I think I posted everything that is asked for. If I missed anything just ask. I have no problems answering questions. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just want advice, your thoughts, and maybe other foods so I can have variety.-20160815_191714.png  
    Last edited by McPhatty; 08-16-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Bump this for me later and I will come back to it.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Looks good i think most will say. Personally i would add more veggies due to your overweigth and try to clean up the arteries as much as you can.
    Veggies and arteriecleaning foodtypes should be added in all meal at our ages. Especially when we do aas.

I bougth my self a real nice blender. Googled the 20 best foodtypes for arteriecleaning and mixed as many as i can of those into the blender. Gives me around 2 litr which i drink to meals and beetween meals. Man its broccoli, asparagus, oat, red onion, oliven oil (and whey), cranberries, pomegranate, spinach, spirulina, turmeric etc..
    Its not that expensive and timeconsuming, just mix it up in the morning, 5 minutes and then you have the perfect foundation for adding those dbols and test to you regime. When you reach that 15% bodyfatlevel.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Veggies and arteriecleaning foodtypes should be added in all meal at our ages.
    I have seen you state this a few times. Could you elaborate on exactly how arteries would be "cleaned" by specific food types?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    at 226lbs and only eating 1700 cals, you must be starving

jGrande is offline New Member
    Seriously! Hang with it man!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    at 226lbs and only eating 1700 cals, you must be starving

Not Really. I eat every 3 hours and also drink a crap load of water. If I do feel my self with hunger, I just snack on something healthy. I have been feeling a bit tired lately so I added 1/2 a low card flour tortilla to my breakfast. Today for Lunch they served us fish, some rice with a bunch of stuff in it and veggies. Got the fish, Salad, Some spaghetti Squash, Asparagus and that kept me full until 3pm where I had my serving of Almonds. Dinner right now is a 6oz chicken breast with COttage Cheese. Ran out of stuff so going grocery shopping after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by jGrande View Post
    Seriously! Hang with it man!
    Thanks Man. Yeah I am focused so I know I can do it. Feeling great again so the motivation is there.

So I was a little off on the BF percentage. Just had the BF measured with calipers. calipers say at 32% BF. I havent weighed myself because I try and hold out until Mondays for that. But if indeed it is a 32%, way better that 35%.

Kevin.archer is offline New Member
    When did you have your last physical and bloodwork?

Do you have any issues with high blood pressure or high blood sugar or cholesterol or are "pre" in any category?, if so, then this will certainly affect the range of foods you can/should choose from...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin.archer View Post
    When did you have your last physical and bloodwork?

Do you have any issues with high blood pressure or high blood sugar or cholesterol or are "pre" in any category?, if so, then this will certainly affect the range of foods you can/should choose from...
    Believe it or not, just had a physical yesterday. Blood pressure was good, 112/60. Blood work was ordered. I Will have that done on Thursday morning. Aside from the regular blood work, they are going to check for thyroid, test levels, and prostate (No Finger!). The majority of my fat is in my upper body as you can see in the pic. Wanted to see if I fit into an XL. Shirt was given to me, gym is 5 min from house, and I just walk in do my thing and walk out. Still tight, but a few more weeks and should be good to go! Doc says she sees me looking good and since I was already losing weight, did not give me the "How important weight" is to a person. I have been dropping about 1.5 to 2 lbs a week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160820_082520.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	849.1 KB 
ID:	165004

Kevin.archer is offline New Member
    Well I am no nutritionist, but I do know what has worked with me so I will share. I started about a year ago I found out that a lot of the effects of aging (for regular population) were in fact chronic lack of exercise and poor nutrition.
    I had high blood pressure, entering diabetes and high cholesterol, did not exercise, ate whatever my body demanded and was fat (245, 35% BF), now am 215, 20% BF and am still trying to lower bf.
    I started step by step with nutrition. I watched “that sugar movie”, read a few good books from others who have gone through the same process…”The Life Plan“ etc….
    This helped put in perspective what our bodies need or don’t need and the why.
    1) Kick the added sugar: Sugar was never part of our diet in quantity until very recently, and it is BAD for you in so many ways. It’s impossible to not eat sugar, but just choose wisely when selecting food. This alone will make you feel much better.
    2) Low Carbs: High carbs are a relatively new addition to our diets in evolutionary terms. From the dawn of man to about 5,000 years we ate lots of meat proteins and fat. This is what we are still adapted for and 5k to 10k years is not enough time for us to adapt to high carbs.
    3) Animal Proteins and Fat: Think about how we lived before farming. Hunter gatherers. Meat, fat, berries, nuts and whatever came along. On the move, lots of exercise, many calories burned.
    4) Timing Meals: Intermittant fasting. This has worked well for me because it reduces my craving for the sugar and booze etc. start eating around 10am, finish up around 6pm, drink liguids and injest not more that 50 cals between 7pm and 10am. Not for everyone but or body is designed for this cycle from an evolutionary standpoint.
    5) Learn how to cook. Pick up a really good cookbook like essential emeril…one that kind of explains what and why in detail. Your take away is that: 1) you will be able to make awesome food for yourself and guests and 2) You will learn how to work with spices and bases etc. This is ALL IMPORTANT if you plan to make your good nutrition a lifestyle as you can only eat so much boiled chicken before you say F*** It, Give me pizza NOW and I will think about it later!
    6) Cheat meals are OK: A cheat meal is OK once a week or so. After all, you have to interact with other people outside your home who will view your eating ways as crazy, and options may not be available.
    Nutritional Supplements. This is a list of what I take. Examine.com is a great resource to lookup sups.
    1) Good Workout Multivitamin like EVL Vitamode, as a good base to start with, better than basic multivitamin
    2) B12 1000mcg: Helps your blood feed your cells oxygen
    3) A Good Probiotic: Keeps digestive system optimal
    4) Omega-3 1200mg EPA + DHA): A must for overall health and a great anti-inflammitory . Our ancestors ate lots of this and it is not present in large quantities in the food we eat today
    5) CO-Q10 200mg: Great for Heart Health, aids mitochondria during energy production
    6) Vitamin E Gamma E Complex: Works with CO-Q10, great anti-oxidant
    7) Pantathine 900mg: Another great anti-oxidant
    8) Tumeric 1200mg: Another great anti-inflammitory
    9) Lycopene 40mg: Another anti-oxidant
    10) Beta Sitosterol: Prostate health
    11) Glucosamine Chondroitin: Joint Health
    12) ZMA at bedtime
    Workout Supplements. I stage my workout suppliments to peak at workout time. All these powders are purchased in bulk to save $
    1) Morning Whey Protein shake 25g, D-ribose 5g, L-carnatine 2g, and Creatine 5g 1 to 2 hours before workout
    1) Pre-workout drink is L-Citrulline 5g, beta-alanine 3g, taurine 2g, d-ribose 5g 15min-30 min before workout
    2) Post workout whey protein shake 25g, within an hour after workout
    3) 2 more 25g whey protein shakes spaced between meals over the day

Thank you Kevin. Archer for you input. I saw the movie "The suger film". I kew suger was bad but never really new why. Just never took the time to research it. Wow, lets just say that I had an argument with my 10 year old son this weekend about candy and what he eats. Good thing is that he has realized that I have dropped weight and sees me eating healthier. He is chunky, but I had him in a camp this summer and it helped him out a lot. Im just trying to make sure I am here for him in the future and as well, trying to help him. At 10, he did tell me he is not happy with the way he looks. I explained to him how important it is to eat healthy. Good thing is, Soda is not an argument with him. He is not a fan of it.

Thread Information