Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By erny23

Thread: How many calories do YOU eat to lean bulk?

outofthisworld is offline New Member

How many calories do YOU eat to lean bulk?

Ive just been so curious in how many calories other people bulk on. Heres my stats

Currently bulking on 3000 cals - noticing some fat gain though

STATS

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 153
    BF %: 12%?

did I miss anything

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    It's all relative.

300cals above maintenance will mean gains are slow but, all things being equal, should mean minimal fat gain. Anything over 500cal surplus daily is practically begging to add fat.

Remember all calories are not created equal either. Some people do well on higher carbs some do better on lower carbs and higher fat.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

erny23 is offline New Member
    There's no such thing as a lean bulk. You are just slightly overeating, so you'll gain a little fat instead of a lot.

The only exception to this is if you've lost muscle from a cut, and then you start overeating. In this situation almost all of the weight you'll gain will be muscle (via muscle memory).
    Marsoc likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your calories seem a bit high for your stats. If it were me, I would lower calories by ~300 and re evaluate after a couple days. Also, what backinblack should be taken into consideration. You should play around with your fat and carb intake to find the sweet spot for yourself. Not everyone does well with carbs.

Are you on cycle? If so, what are you running?

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    I'm an easy gainer so I keep any carbs (fast digesting ) carbs to pre and post workout. I keep my breakfast just protein as to keep it lean. And if and when I eat carbs it's wheat bread or oatmeal (slow digesting so it's not converted to sugar such as white breads etc.) slow digesting fats like peanut butter for long burning fuel throughout the day if it's other then pre and post. That's me though from what I've gained in Intel

Reliable_Individual is offline Junior Member
    As an ecto, +c.500. I would definitely say 3k on your stats is a little high. C.2700 imo

Thread Information