Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tlolec the toilet
  • 1 Post By Marsoc

Thread: Honey to increase calories?

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member

Honey to increase calories?

Hallo guys,
    I would like to have your opinion on this food: honey.
    I like very much this all-natural food that has many benefits for the body ... but it contains a lot of simple sugars.
    In your opinion, It could be harmful if I take so many calories from this food during the bulk phase?
    or it is beneficial, and I can take over large quantities?

honey is a slow absorbing sugar and it's glycemic low. But i think using it to increase calories will just make you fat. honey is good for insulin spikes after a heavy routine and it tastes delicious. try it with cinnamon, and milk in your coffee. add just a tiny bit of coconut oil too. yyeessss

research the different types of honey. you want a low glycemic honey. the lowest if you're going to eat it.

i don't really think there is anything particularly nutritious about honey. eat German pumpernickel bread, or sweet potato. maybe quinoa. how about more meat? you can drink you meat if you put it in a blender. it's called pate and can be very good.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-09-2016 at 04:33 PM.
    Marsoc likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TestoSuper View Post
    Hallo guys,
    I would like to have your opinion on this food: honey.
    I like very much this all-natural food that has many benefits for the body ... but it contains a lot of simple sugars.
    In your opinion, It could be harmful if I take so many calories from this food during the bulk phase?
    or it is beneficial, and I can take over large quantities?
    It's a good insulin spike. Insulin or sugar spikes are good for post workout. The sugar acts like a vehicle for all the other macros to travel into the muscle with. Yeah honey is natural and whatever other benifets it has I'm unsure. But yeah. Post workout at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    honey is a slow absorbing sugar and it's glycemic low. But i think using it to increase calories will just make you fat. honey is good for insulin spikes after a heavy routine and it tastes delicious. try it with cinnamon, and milk in your coffee. add just a tiny bit of coconut oil too. yyeessss

research the different types of honey. you want a low glycemic honey. the lowest if you're going to eat it.

i don't really think there is anything particularly nutritious about honey. eat German pumpernickel bread, or sweet potato. maybe quinoa. how about more meat? you can drink you meat if you put it in a blender. it's called pate and can be very good.
    Right. lol blending your meats allows for you to ingest more if you have. A hard time eating a lot. Or ground meat etc
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-10-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I put honey in my homemade protein bars. Works great and there awesome for post workout snack/meal when in a rush.

Shitty part it takes a little time to make them and if u leave them out of the refrigerator to long they get messy

lord jesus you know i hate a mess.

1930 cant arrive fast enough. i'm dying to go to the gym

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    yes absolutely honey with cinnamon is fabulous ... sure each nutrient is abundant in my diet (meat, potatoes, whole grain carbohydrates) nothing is missing and the honey would not be a substitute for something, but only an addition to other nutrient..
    ok so I understand that the best time to eat it is post workout ... well..
    thanks for useful informations

Tlolec nice pic dude. Got the super face going lol.

eh, the lighting is in ultra contrast, i'm less impressive in full lighting. TestoSuper is bigger and has less BF. i've just made a bit of progress that's all. i have some pretty looking muscles though. if i can get-em bigger and loose some more fat i'll be happy

yes, i found a good comic pic to stick over the face i was making

Reliable_Individual is offline Junior Member
    Not a huge fan tbh

Thread Information