Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AllexCord
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Ways to Gain Weight !!!

AllexCord is offline Banned

Ways to Gain Weight !!!

For some people, gaining weight or adding muscle can be just as difficult as losing weight. Here are some ways to help you gain weight or add muscle, the healthy way.

#Eat as much as you can
    #Eat more calories than your body burns
    #Eat More Meals
    #Try to eat small meals because Small meals are easier to eat than big ones
    #Eat Caloric Dense Foods
    #Food high in carbs and/or fats has more calories per serving
    #Eat More Protein as you can
    #Take supplements
    #Go Liquid
    #Track Calories
    #Lift Heavy
    #Be Consistent
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I will add this. Be observant of your protein intake while on a weight gain diet. so many people think high protein is the way to go. its not. in fact I generally only prescribe high protein diets to my weight loss clients. not for weight gain. why? because protein is thermogenic.

protein contains 4 calories per gram, but being its thermogenic it uses 30% of that just to digest and assimilate that. that means that protein is really only 2.8 cals per gram.

now carbs are 4 cals per gram as well, but are not thermogenic and use little to no calories to digest.

fat is 9 cals per gram, and like carbs to not require much energy to digest.

so taking those things into consideration with weight gain, too much protein can actually have you burning calories (I can actually formulate a high protein diet that puts you into a calorie deficit just because of the amount of protein you intake, taking the place of an hour of cardio). so formulate your weight gain diet accordingly. only take in the amount of protein you need and nothing more. fill the rest in with fats and carbs and you will gain more weight (just the opposite if you were trying to lose weight)
    AllexCord likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    to clarify the above . you see a ton of bodybuilders promoting high protein, you see Ronnie eating all that chicken etc.. YES this is true and is important but the context is more important. most these guys are being shown while in 'contest prep'. high protein diets are very important in contest prep. totally different context then most you 170 pound guys running your first cycle or two and needing to grow.
    AllexCord likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I wish I had this problem. I have the opposite, my body doesn’t want to let go of the fat!

Thread Information