Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kyle1337
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Best food database??

JohnnyV85 is offline Associate Member

Best food database??

Hey guys,
    what does everyone use to find the macros for meal prepping? And whats the most accurate?
    Ive used nutritionix, ive used the app mikesmacros, my fitness pal, and i think they all have conflicting info one some of the foods ive searched.

Someone point me in the right direction...

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    My fitness pal has pretty much never let me down. I cross reference food label too.

What really let's people down when getting to the nitty gritty is the label sayings 1 serving (let's say a taco shell) so 1 taco shell... Ok... But it says next to serving the gram weight. Weigh that taco shell, BET not all are the exact gram. This has an conflicting effect and typically not a big deal for most, but it can screw you up.
    Obs and HoldMyBeer like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    My fitness pal has pretty much never let me down. I cross reference food label too.

What really let's people down when getting to the nitty gritty is the label sayings 1 serving (let's say a taco shell) so 1 taco shell... Ok... But it says next to serving the gram weight. Weigh that taco shell, BET not all are the exact gram. This has an conflicting effect and typically not a big deal for most, but it can screw you up.
    Agreed
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post

I’ve been on the fence about tracking via MFP, you just got me to re-download app and decide to use. Thank you

Thread Information