Evolyx is offline New Member

(Female) Recovering from slowed down metabolism

my girlfriend is having a slowed down metabolism problem.

2) She's 29, 5'8, 135 lbs
    3) she's sub 20% BF, has a 27-28" waist.

photos for reference.

She barely eats anything in a day, all clean food. I counted it to 1200 cals maximum. She's doing heavy kickboxing 3 times, 1 hour intensive sessions per week. She has crohn's disease but is currently on good medication. I believe her time as untreated crohn might have slowed down her metabolism, because as soon as she eats a little more, she can gain like 10 pounds in two weeks.

Her hair grows very slowly, I dont know if there's a link?

Is there anything I can do without chemicals to restore her metabolism?

She would like to lose 10-15 pounds but her weight stalls despite diet and heavy exercise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Female) Recovering from slowed down metabolism-front-top.jpg   (Female) Recovering from slowed down metabolism-front-bot.jpg   (Female) Recovering from slowed down metabolism-side.jpg   (Female) Recovering from slowed down metabolism-back.jpg  
    Last edited by Evolyx; 12-21-2019 at 07:36 PM.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    have you gotten blood work and checked actual Thyroid function ? or are you just basing this on her current calorie set point ?

IronLiver is offline Associate Member
    I helped a close friend of mine reverse his crohn's disease a couple of years ago by switching to a raw food diet. Crohn's doesn't allow you to digest cooked foods properly. The undigested food can enter into the blood, lymphatic and nervous systems. This causes swollen and enlarged joints, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

Eating 1-2 cage-free raw eggs every 1-2 hours followed by half a teaspoon of honey for a week will help to restore the metabolism. Eating uncooked fish, such as alblacore tuna and salmon in the form of sushi, will give her Omega 3-6-9 which will also help out a lot.

The only way to eventually reverse Crohn's is to get off that "good medication" which is only contributing to the problem and to eat natural foods that have beneficial bacteria and enzymes which will help restore digestion.

Thread Information