Thread: Tuna

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Tuna

I have been into using solid white albacore tuna as a source of protein recently. I have about two cans per meal and I usually eat it for two or three meals a week. The recommend “safe” amount to consume per week is 14.5 ounces I believe, and I consume more than that in one meal. How are we as bodybuilders able to use this as a source of protein without putting ourselves at risk? Are you guys that eat tuna just limiting it to one meal a week? I really like using it because of the cost and ease of it.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    just my opinion, but the idea that tuna is 'toxic or bad for you' is vegan and environmentalist propaganda.

your not going to get heavy metal poisoning from eating tuna. keep in mind tuna contains selenium which is a nutrient that helps your body block the absorption of heavy metals . does large deep sea tuna contain some mercury, sure.. but the antidote (selinuium) is within the tuna itself . nature/god is pretty genius

IronLiver is offline Associate Member
    Sometimes I eat 2 lbs of tuna per day, makes me feel great. Never had any problems. As long as the selenium is higher than mercury you are fine.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks guys!!

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Tuna is rich in omega 3, you can eat as much as your heart will thank you

Enviado de meu LM-X430 usando o Tapatalk

SingNirvana is offline New Member
    I love eating tuna, for its part, is a source of high-quality protein with almost no fat. It contains all essential amino acids required by the body for growth and maintenance of lean muscle tissue. In fact, tuna is unlimited in my stomach..

moetorious is offline Junior Member
    +1 on tuna, just one can roughly (160 grams) has 40 grams of protein and super easy to down that stuff unlike chicken can make you so stuffed.

Thread Information