Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Exclamation Preparing meals with cooked chicken -- bacteria

My stomach and bowel are fucked since yesterday. First my belches were smelling strange, and next I had diarrhoea that was like liquid water.

Some days I take cold cooked chicken out of the fridge and put it in tupaware, and then eat it a few hours later while I'm out. Usually it's about 2 - 4 hours later but sometimes it's longer.

They say you shouldn't eat cooked chicken after it's been out of the fridge for 2 hours. So this might be why I'm sick.

So how are you supposed to prepare meals at home to eat throughout the day if you only have 2 hours to eat the chicken?!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Carry your meals in a cooler with a icepack works for me?

Chicken and fish seem to be the most particular about going off. Don't eat pork, so I can't say about it.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    bacteria wont grow in cold food left out of temp for 6 hours. Sho if your food was held at 41 degrees is can be above 41 for up to 6 hours before it hits the danger zone . Hot food only 4 hours before the danger zone

Thread Information