teedoff is offline Member

Food grouping....thoughts?

So the gym I go to, the owner is a female pro. She's very knowledgeable on nutrition, diet, physiology and other aspects of health. She's constantly learning and researching anything to do with health.

She has helped me with my weight loss goals, but she's gotten more and more, what I would consider, on the fringe of nutrition. She's pretty much vegan now and continues to suggest to her clients that they also should stop eating meat. Something I will never do, but this was just a little insight about her to lead up to the crux of this post.

She's been saying for months now that food grouping is something I should be conscience of. For those that aren't familiar with this, I'm sure there are few here that dont know, food grouping is basically where you dont eat certain foods with other types of foods. Mostly I think its not eating carbs with proteins. At least thats the specific part she espouses.

I never take things face value with her, and constantly ask why. But Im wondering what you guys here think. Is there merit to this diet concept? I've found conflicting data on this. I normally eat protein and carbs during the day. I dont eat carbs much after my evening work out if Im trying to lose lbs.

As I said, I dont think I could ever go vegan, but I could eat less carbs and I DEF should be eating more vegetables than I do. I take spells where I eat more veggies, then I kinda fall back into protein, oatmeal, rice, and sweet potatoes being the majority of my daily food.
    Last edited by teedoff; 03-04-2023 at 08:55 PM.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My opinion is worthless for the most part, but since you asked, her advice as you lay it out is nonsense. Unless you're dealing with a condition, like bloat, heartburn, or something caused by specific foods combinations, eat whatever you want with whatever you want. For the vast majority of us, this kind of "ideal behavior' is insignificant.

....in my opinion.

Thread Information