Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sae1859 is offline New Member
    the info Dr. Evil supplied is great, but what people need to realize is the limitless boundaries of "probable cause". And unless you know the law to a very specific degree where you scare the cop, they are allowed to do what they want. a cop normally does not give up with u saying "No" simply because he doesn't probabable cause at the time, unless the cop has dealt with legal troubles before, which is pretty rare, since the law is on their side, not yours. In these types of situations at least. But yes, don't say yes to a search, because whatever happens during the confrontation is more than vital to any litigation that happens later. Because if the cop fucks up, it is to your benefit.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Last year I was accuse of counterfeiting money...I didn't. The kid that was my age (15 at the time), that did do it ratted everyone out so he would get more time off his sentence. I guess he thought to himself "what the hell, I hate this guy, i might as well take him down with me.". He said i was his "Bestfriend" total crap... I was taking my biology final, the secret service came in and said when I was done they needed to ask me some questions. I freaked out on that pretty bad and hurried through the final. I went into the liason officers office and the SS and he began questioning me. My mom was in there, flipping out as usual. The cop kept asking me the SAME questions...over and over. I had nothing to hide, nothing against me, so I told him everything I knew, but i guess he thought i was involved...I think he was trying to break me.

He kept asking the same thing for 3 straight hours, until I finally said "look goddamit, I have nothing to do with this, i've told you what I know. Now eiether arrest me or you let me go." ...He let me go. The kid wouldn't have gotten caught if he hadn't ran around the locker room with 100$ printed off screaming "LOOK I COUNTERFEITED THIS!" ....some people are so fuckin stupid.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    The only reason I didn't hit this kid in the office was the SS and the officer probably would have figured the reason i hit him was because he snitched me out, even though I was innocent. I'm a smart cookie sometimes . Think like a cop, think how he would try and trick you into telling him what he wants to hear, and you'll be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Canes4Ever
    Like the new avatar Billy Boy !
    His is Cool, Yours Sucks - Go Seminoles!! Chop Chop!
    LOL, J/K Bro!

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Supreme court ruling sais there is no expectation of privacy of your vehicle. So the vehicle does not fall under the scope of the 4th amendment. Also the officer can search the vehicle incident to an arrest for officer safety. Also they can do whats called a plain view doctorine. Anything in plain view is admissable. Also because of the moving vehicle doctorine. Any vehicle that is mobile falls under this scope and can be searched under whats called a warrantless seach. This includes boats and the such...

Any more questiong ask away..im your man

Cutthroat is offline New Member
    Great post guys. But does anyone have any info on UK laws?

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    I wanted to reply when he said that you can not be arrested for not letting them search your car is not true at all, if any of you watch cops as much as I do then you will see it for your self.

dirtysicks is offline New Member
    You are a bunch of hooligans.

Chocolate is offline Junior Member
    in the words of cartman... "they lie... they lie right to your face". speaking from experience a cop will do anything to see you go down..... really don't know what it is about them but they love it. when i got busted the cops entire paper "recapping" what happened that night was utter BS. seriously the guy couldn't even look me in the eye. i would've have called him a pussy but my lawyer advised against it. :P
    strangely enough aren't hugo gerard and ronnie coleman both cops?
    o well my conviction was only for weed and i live in Canada thank God..... so i only got a slap on the wrist. but here is some good advice...
    don't talk to cops
    don't look at them funny
    always run if there is a good chance you can make it LOL
    and remember, they have guns you don't.

mrmanners is offline Junior Member
    Amen Dr.Evil

This IS gospel if I've ever heard any. True words to live by; unfortunately most guys even after having read this will feel intimidated by the cops even during a routine traffic stop and consent to whatever in hopes of getting out of the ticket.

The thing is: Once they stop you and ask to search you already look like a bad guy in their eyes no matter how "nice" you try to play. -Or why would they wan't to search your vehicle? Their job is to write you a ****in ticket or book your ass. PERIOD!

Good luck, MrM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil
    needless to say, we live in one of the best countries in the world because we citizens are given so many basic rights for our own protection. unfortunately many don't have full knowledge of these rights or don't understand the importance of upholding these rights.

by being in this lifestyle you're putting yourself at risk for getting a visit by law enforcement. the risk may be very small depending on how careful you are and what risks you take, but it's still there, so it is very important that you understand what your rights are if you do get a visit and be prepared for what you should do.

when being questioned by law enforcement, never say anything! never sign anything to waive your right to remain silent. this is a very important right, so don't deny yourself of it! the feds will threaten you saying that the judge will frown on you for not cooperating with the investigation, but that all bull****. remember, the reason they would get frustrated is because they're looking for as much evidence as they can to convict you in the court of law and they're hoping that much of this evidence will come from your mouth. if you don't talk then they can't use that against you in the court of law, so they get pissed. uphold your constitutional right to not talk to law enforcement, even if they just want to ask you questions about someone else. a statistic given to me by a lawyer says that 90% of people arrested for the first time waive their right to remain silent and ends up talking either out of fear, ignorance, or the belief that they can convince law enforcement of their innocence. this statistic goes way down for 2nd and 3rd time offenders when they learn that talking can only hurt them. even if you're completely innocent, the cops can twist your words around and make you look guilty in court. i've seen it happen before. if your explanations of innocence really makes sense do you think the feds are going to provide that as evidence in court to help you out? hell no! they leave out anything you say that may help you and keep anything that makes you look incriminating. bottom line: NEVER TALK TO THE FEDS NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY THREATEN YOU

a good place to store your valubles away from feds attention is a friend's home. if he's not willing to take on the responsibility then put it in a gym locker or storage facility. search warrants almost never encompass these places.

never consent to a search of your house. it doesn't matter if they show you a search warrant or not. they'll search anyway if they have a warrant, but just let it be on record that you did not give permission to search because the warrant usually has restrictions as to how much the feds can search and what they can take, but if you give consent to search then that will superscede any limitations of the search warrant.

never consent to a search of your vehicle if you have anything to hide. the only way they can legally search your vehicle and use the evidence they find against you in court is if they have a search warrant or your permission. you will not be arrested if you uphold your right to not let them search you car.

betatest is offline Associate Member
    http://www.musclesci.com/showthread.php?t=2216

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/...rches001.shtml

On the topic of search warrants, I saw a thread on MuscleSci and dug up more info about it. It'll be interesting to see the splash effect from this precedent, though I hope very much this "privilege" gets overturned quick.

beta

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    The most common idea that people have regarding car searches is, "if my glove box and trunk are locked, they cant search them." I think this is a belief a lot of people share, myself included. Wondering if anyone has any factual information regarding that? It was my understanding the officer did not need any reason to search within your vehicle&under seats, but was off limits to the trunk&glove box.

Clint Torres is offline New Member
    I have refused to allow my car to be searched more than once, even though I had nothing illegal in the car. There are some cops who will "find" things in your car that weren't there. If you run into a dirty cop or one who has a grudge against you, all they have to do is plant a painkiller, joint, or whatever they may be carrying around with them. Once you consent, it makes it really hard to defend yourself in court later. If they really want to search your car, they will find a reason. Cops will say anything to get you to consent, then laugh at you later for being stupid and giving in. Be polite and remain calm but never give away your basic rights- many good men have died so we wouldn't have to live in a police state.

LetsGetItOn is offline Junior Member
    Great, great thread. Very helpful if ever put into any of the above situations listed.

Tucc is offline Associate Member
    gr8 post bro...

space.ghost is offline Junior Member
    ditto

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member
    Awsome post.

My buds EX - girl ratted him out. And when they came to the door and asked to come in he said " No Thanks". Just as they were about take there first step forward. They both had to put the brakes on. lol It was funny to watch.

He did exactly what Dr. Evil said.

Good Job!!!!

bigguybret is offline New Member

and another..

Don't know if it's certain pages or what.. But Remember that everything you type on these boards can be used as evidence against you.. Go ahead.. Try it.. type out your screename from here on google.. A simple code put into these boards will stop Google's internet scans from listing these pages (And IMO we should have GOOGLE/ROBOT FREE area(s) on these boards, if there already isn't!).. But then that would hurt their page ranking and ad's and $$$ so ya.. If you really want to get down and dirty Private Msg certain people.. or just read and don't write. So if a Fed shows up at your door calling you your screename from this website.. hahaha BE SCARED !!! Your FCUKED !!!! But still don't say a word!

Bret
    Last edited by bigguybret; 03-08-2007 at 03:38 AM.

frenchy is offline Associate Member
    Its a schedule 4 in canada and a schedule 3 in the states the difference is that in the states they throw you in jail I think (unfortunately) and here in canada they probably dont do much probably just throw out your juice unless there is something else to aggravate. I dont think your allowed to posess it though.. not sure

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox
    Or move to canada, we can have personal amounts no problem just as long as they can't prove you brought or are selling them. Go figure that law out....

MikeCman is offline Junior Member
    Cops need a warrent to search your glove box or the trunk so lock your shit up in either one. Also, keep things out of plain site like what was said before because once they see anything, then they can search. They can search the car, but cant go in the box unless you let them, or they do what they want bec. most of the time they do, and take advantage of the fact that you dont know the law. If they asked why it's locked, tell them your mom locked it and you cant open it without asking permission. lol

2475 is offline Junior Member
    100% Right

arlie92 is offline New Member
    Same rules apply with carrying things such as guns......as long as they are concealed you are pretty much in the clear depending on the warrant......source: cousin was a state police.

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    It's called the scope of the search. If something is in your glove box and the warrant says vehicle, than that glove box is a target. Also, I read that a guy got pulled over and the LEO called a k-9 unit, not happening, against the law, will never stand up in court. You are not allowed to call in a k-9 unit, if one happens to pull up its a different story. Once the dog picks up a scent outside of your vehicle, it is considered free air, so the probable cause is in effect. I think I am pretty correct on this but I could be wrong. Laws different from state to state but there are to still fed guide lines and each state has the right to meet them or go even heavier.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Damn newbies, !!! Dude this thread is six years old. Get with the program !!!!

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by popeyethasailah View Post
    the main reason, and its a little off topic...i got a speeding ticket, and i wasnt going even 10mph close to the speed he gave me, have no idea as to what i can do to save my ass. there must be some stuff and im constantly looking, i will lose my liscence for a whole year if convicted for this.
    popeye, deny you were speeding and request discovery on the last calibration testing on the mechaninsm used to record your speed then attack the validity of the devise. If they "clocked" you using a radar gun they should have a record of a recent calibration on the machine as required or you may be able to have it thrown out as an unreliable source. If the cop pulled behind you and paced you with his car, request the video from his dash cam showing his sustaned speed and duration as well as his vehicle last and current speed omoter test record. Also what size tires and the inflation, as well as the temperature outside, becasue after all if he was 10 miles an hour off you honor, somehting was absolutley wrong. It is your right to discovery of any relevant facts and they wil usually dismiss as not worht the time, ot you can find an error. Good luck bro!

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    popeye, deny you were speeding and request discovery on the last calibration testing on the mechaninsm used to record your speed then attack the validity of the devise. If they "clocked" you using a radar gun they should have a record of a recent calibration on the machine as required or you may be able to have it thrown out as an unreliable source. If the cop pulled behind you and paced you with his car, request the video from his dash cam showing his sustaned speed and duration as well as his vehicle last and current speed omoter test record. Also what size tires and the inflation, as well as the temperature outside, becasue after all if he was 10 miles an hour off you honor, somehting was absolutley wrong. It is your right to discovery of any relevant facts and they wil usually dismiss as not worht the time, ot you can find an error. Good luck bro!
    be very careful with speeding defenses. If it's serious enough that you may lose your license, get a lawyer, no follow the advice regarding things like "how to get out of speeding tickets" like calling for the calibration record, etc

many years ago i had to appear in a big city court on a very minor traffic violation. i was waiting in line watching all the guys in front of me go before the judge and explain their cases. this one guy comes with a folder containing papers and he just began to go into this "defense"; it was obvious that he had prepared this whole shpiel to get out of his speeding ticket.
    afternoon in a big city with a long line of defendents before him, that judge had no patience for "petty" justice. he cut the poor guy off immediately and gave him a guilty verdict and a fine. all of his prep was a waste.

the thread is old, but a lot of people find it relevant. maybe it should be closed and stickified.

creed33 is offline New Member
    If you can have personal amounts then how much considered a personel amount?

ralf_snake is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    needless to say, we live in one of the best countries in the world because we citizens are given so many basic rights for our own protection. unfortunately many don't have full knowledge of these rights or don't understand the importance of upholding these rights.

by being in this lifestyle you're putting yourself at risk for getting a visit by law enforcement. the risk may be very small depending on how careful you are and what risks you take, but it's still there, so it is very important that you understand what your rights are if you do get a visit and be prepared for what you should do.

when being questioned by law enforcement, never say anything! never sign anything to waive your right to remain silent. this is a very important right, so don't deny yourself of it! the feds will threaten you saying that the judge will frown on you for not cooperating with the investigation, but that all bullshit. remember, the reason they would get frustrated is because they're looking for as much evidence as they can to convict you in the court of law and they're hoping that much of this evidence will come from your mouth. if you don't talk then they can't use that against you in the court of law, so they get pissed. uphold your constitutional right to not talk to law enforcement, even if they just want to ask you questions about someone else. a statistic given to me by a lawyer says that 90% of people arrested for the first time waive their right to remain silent and ends up talking either out of fear, ignorance, or the belief that they can convince law enforcement of their innocence. this statistic goes way down for 2nd and 3rd time offenders when they learn that talking can only hurt them. even if you're completely innocent, the cops can twist your words around and make you look guilty in court. i've seen it happen before. if your explanations of innocence really makes sense do you think the feds are going to provide that as evidence in court to help you out? hell no! they leave out anything you say that may help you and keep anything that makes you look incriminating. bottom line: NEVER TALK TO THE FEDS NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY THREATEN YOU

a good place to store your valubles away from feds attention is a friend's home. if he's not willing to take on the responsibility then put it in a gym locker or storage facility. search warrants almost never encompass these places.

never consent to a search of your house. it doesn't matter if they show you a search warrant or not. they'll search anyway if they have a warrant, but just let it be on record that you did not give permission to search because the warrant usually has restrictions as to how much the feds can search and what they can take, but if you give consent to search then that will superscede any limitations of the search warrant.

never consent to a search of your vehicle if you have anything to hide. the only way they can legally search your vehicle and use the evidence they find against you in court is if they have a search warrant or your permission. you will not be arrested if you uphold your right to not let them search you car.
    I live in Holland, you think this great advice counts here too?

Boedog is offline New Member
    It depends on why they are searching. If you give them consent, or its being searched incident to arrest, they can only search the areas you or your passengers can reach. If they conducting an inventory because your car is being towed, the whole car will be "checked" for the inventory. If they have a warrant the entire car can be searched.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Damn newbies, !!! Dude this thread is six years old. Get with the program !!!!
    Then why are you on here ?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Boedog View Post
    Then why are you on here ?
    I monitor all the posts smart ass !!!!

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    On this note, I had a buddy get pulled over last week.
    They asked to search his truck and trailer and he told them that he wouldn't consent to that. So the cop called a buddy with a dog who smelled out his car, the cop tapped on the trailer and the dog jumped up, smelled it and got back down. The cop than said they had probable cause and opened his trailer and emptied it on the side of the road, said they kept threatening him that if he fesses up to having drugs on him they will make it easier. They searched his whole truck, took everything out and dumped it on the side of the road. In the end they didn't find anything and just said 'thanks for your cooperation' and left.
    According to him they ****ed his furniture up pretty good and managed to waste 2 hours of his time somewhere in the boondocks of Kansas.

They didn't find his weed hidden in a jar of peanut butter but they did find his loaded pistol under his car seat. They just told him he should keep it on his lap or somewhere he can get to it quickly. Gotta love gun friendly states.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    I monitor all the posts smart ass !!!!
    I was just jokin with ya man "Relax"

deja vu is offline New Member
    great post, thanks.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

this says a lot.

but to quote a Supreme court Justice

"whats the hurry, we can wait for me to talk to counsel"
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Iron_Pig is offline Member

Talking Probable cause

In United States criminal law, probable cause refers to the standard by which a police officer has the right to make an arrest, conduct a personal or property search, or to obtain a warrant for arrest. It is also used to refer to the standard to which a grand jury believes that a crime has been committed. This term comes from the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The most well-known definition of probable cause is "a reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime".[1] Another common definition is "a reasonable amount of suspicion, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong to justify a prudent and cautious person's belief that certain facts are probably true".[2]

In the context of warrants, the Oxford Companion to American Law defines probable cause as "information sufficient to warrant a prudent person's belief that the wanted individual had committed a crime (for an arrest warrant) or that evidence of a crime or contraband would be found in a search (for a search warrant)". "Probable cause" is a stronger standard of evidence than a reasonable suspicion, but weaker than what is required to secure a criminal conviction. Even hearsay can supply probable cause if it is from a reliable source or supported by other evidence, according to the Aguilar-Spinelli test.

So in a nut shell kids the cops will need (Proable cause) to search your house or car. They can not search your car if they pull you over for speeding or running a stop sign or banging a hooker in the back seat. So if this happens to you and I hope it does not You have the right of refusal ( They do not have Proable cause to do this) top search you or your property.

Dog Handler

That is so the dog will react and give the cop a reason, What crime did your buddy commit. They will call the dag every time and tap on the car or trailer. You should or your buddy should have asked for his name and badge number and filled a complaint of harrasment. Cops do not like this and it will shut them down every time . trust me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    On this note, I had a buddy get pulled over last week.
    They asked to search his truck and trailer and he told them that he wouldn't consent to that. So the cop called a buddy with a dog who smelled out his car, the cop tapped on the trailer and the dog jumped up, smelled it and got back down. The cop than said they had probable cause and opened his trailer and emptied it on the side of the road, said they kept threatening him that if he fesses up to having drugs on him they will make it easier. They searched his whole truck, took everything out and dumped it on the side of the road. In the end they didn't find anything and just said 'thanks for your cooperation' and left.
    According to him they ****ed his furniture up pretty good and managed to waste 2 hours of his time somewhere in the boondocks of Kansas.

They didn't find his weed hidden in a jar of peanut butter but they did find his loaded pistol under his car seat. They just told him he should keep it on his lap or somewhere he can get to it quickly. Gotta love gun friendly states.

Talking Makes them mad as Hell

I did that once and he called ma an asshole and got in my face, I just Laught at him. The he got really red and left. what a dick

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldez View Post
    hey thats all well and good fellas here some more tips if you get caught speeding with radar ask for the calibration ticket each gun has to be calibrated everyday, and if you have to get a lawyer for anything remember what ever you say to him is what he has to use in court they arent allowed to lie in a court of law peace fellas

CbrKing is offline New Member
    i just got a $281.00 speeding ticket for going 15 over the limit. Seems extremely high to me. i just recently became unemployed. Do you think somehow i could catch a break with the fine?

Myalansky is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9 View Post
    Many think that the police have to tell you the truth. One of their biggest tactics in setting you up and getting you to talk and hurt your case is that they will lie to you in order to get under your skin and have you say something ...
    Definitely true. If cops can make another check on their "case-solved" list and "crime-stopped" list faster, or if they just don`t particularly like you, they may lie to you just like that and set you up without two blinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information