Magnum II is offline Associate Member

Long-Term HRT - Sperm Production

I am having trouble recovering from a long BB cycle using Test Cyp. I stayed on for 16 weeks--long story.

Anyway, my Testosterone levels are within range (63 pg/ml). The scale in pg/ml for my age group is 30 - 142. So, I'm a little low bu not too bad. However, I produce practically no ejaculate and that's been the case for four months now.

I'm curious, do guys on long-term HRT have the same condition?

Phyll is offline Associate Member
    hey bro what you mean by no ejaculate? Are you experiencing an absence of semen or a transparent, somewhat watery sperm?

Not a total absence of semen but a dramatically reduced amount. It's appearance is normal.

I've always experienced a reduced amount during a Testosterone -based AS cycle. However, the volume has always returned to normal after post cycle therapy . This time, it looks like I can't return to normal.

Even though hypospermia (low volume) can be caused by several reasons, the most common ones are: retrograde ejaculation (when after you shoot it goes to your bladder and you end up pissing it out), obstruction of an ejaculatory duct, or more likely what you are experiencing now, some type of hormonal imbalance including low androgen levels.

Did you check your test levels after PCT? If not, you should now. Are you taking any DHT blockers such as finasteride?

Just checked Test levels. I'm at 63 pg/ml of Free Testosterone . Range for my age group (over 50) is 30 - 142 pg /ml. So, I'm below the median but within range. That's the mysterious thing to me. My test levels have returned to a reasonable place. Libido is okay. But, there's this low ejaculate thing. Just worries me a bit. Everything else seems okay.

taking any DHT blockers, proscar, finasteride, dutasteride, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Phyll
    taking any DHT blockers, proscar, finasteride, dutasteride, etc?

No, nothing like that.

Thread Information