HRTNewbie is offline New Member

Can I take Test Propionate instead of Cypionate?

My doc prescribed me Test Depo as HRT.The pharmacist gave me Test Cypionate as a substitute for the Depo.My question is can I take propionate instead of Cyp?& while browsing the web I found smth called Testosterone Acetate.Anyone used that before & can i take it as substitute?
    1 more question-have U ever ordered from drugstore.com?Are they legitimate?Thanx

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Test is test. If you want to inject at least every 3 days, with a more painful test then sure, use test P. Depot test is just another name for test cyp.
    No I've never used an online pharmacy.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    When I looked up testosterone on my insurance product list....Depot test comes up costing more for some reason and they call the Cypionate the generic of Depot....So agree with Teabag...I believe the word "depo" means injectible....kind of like when my wife takes depo provera (birth control)..meaning she gets her birth control as a shot...good to know that test p is painful...don't need that

BARLAW is offline New Member
    Depo just means that the substance you are injecting will deposit on the muscle tissue and will be released slowly hence the name "depo"

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I wouldn't use prop, it doesn't build-up, like cyp or enan, it's in and out of the system to fast for HRT. Stick to what the Doc give you, for HRT, now if you want to cycle that's a different story.

JohnnyB

Thread Information