LionsGate is offline Associate Member

got bloodwork done

the scale was 280-1100 and mine came back at 501. is that good or bad? im 27 years old.

Anavar Man is offline Member
    That's on the low side for 27. I'm 37 and my last test came back at 620

yeah thats what i thought. how many mgs a test per week is needed for me to get between 650-800 then?

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUglyOne
    yeah thats what i thought. how many mgs a test per week is needed for me to get between 650-800 then?
    How much are you on?

thanks for the bump. im not on anything right now. but if i self medicate i

need to know how much i should be taking per week to get to "normal" levels.

doc said its up to me if i want him to medicate me. but i would rather do it

myself.

balin is offline Junior Member
    The only way to know for sure is to start on a dose and get checked again in a few weeks.

Ufa
    At the young age of 27 I would personally do a cycle and forget this HRT stuff. This low dose barely gets any anabolic acition at all.

All this HRT does is get old peoples metabolism activated so they can work off
    the gut and feel a little younger.

a cycle huh? but really im not looking to bulk up by any means, nor worring about taking anti e's or pct. i was just under the impression that keeping test levels normal helps with mood, energy, and weight(fat) gain.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUglyOne
    a cycle huh? but really im not looking to bulk up by any means, nor worring about taking anti e's or pct. i was just under the impression that keeping test levels normal helps with mood, energy, and weight(fat) gain.
    it wouold help w/ that. ufa likes to bull shit, don't mind him. be carful w/ starting an hrt program at 27 though. it's knda young IMO, esp if you want kids. best of luck

Ufa
    Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    it wouold help w/ that. ufa likes to bull shit, don't mind him. be carful w/ starting an hrt program at 27 though. it's knda young IMO, esp if you want kids. best of luck
    Take's one to know one. Care to talk about your reasoning.
    Last edited by Ufa; 06-09-2006 at 02:09 PM.

any body else?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    androgel got me to the levels you say you want to be at...(785)...and that's up from around 200....if what they say about the gel is true, then i was getting 70mg per week testosterone from the gel...and at 785, i feel only slightly better than before HRT....i am looking into shots as well and would like to start at 100mg EW and see how that goes...hope this helps

At what time of day did you get you T levels measured. Should have them done more then once to decide if you are realy low. T levels peak in the morning so get them checked around 8-9. Andrgel got me from around 390 to 520. Not much of a jump.

very good point...all 4 of my tests were around 8-9 ..the first 2 tests were 275, 298..then started androgel 5mg for 14days...retested...level was then 140?????....doc said be patient, could take a year...wouldn't up my dose...i then took in my own and started taking 10mg....retested at a new doc after being on 10mg for about a month and total test was 785...he gave me a script for 10mg but called it back after seeing that my total androgen index level was out of range (152) on a reference range of 14.8-94.8....I said , but doc..i'm starting to feel a little better...and he said yeh, cause your getting to much...wtf?

If a dr thinks it will take a year for andrgel to up your t levels then dump him as he doesnt know what he is talking about IMHO. My guess would be that your bodies own system was down regulated to make up for the t you were putting in. My T went down after taking androgel a couple months and that is what i figured happened.

well, i have been to several others since the first one (the one that was willing to be patient) with my feelings..HA
    even though feeling slightly better with upping my doses of gel...i think with a shot even a dose of 100-150 will be better for me but i don't think my first endo will write me a script for that much since she has only given me one for 5mg androgel ...doesn't know i have been self treating with my future supply...i'll be running out soon and if I were to get a script for injects, it won't matter bcuz i won't have to give the old stuff back....but it's all relatively new (HRT) still as I started in the end of march/start of april (2 1/2 months).

test e 200mg per week.... Should get you what you are asking for...... enjoy!

Thread Information