doublefister is offline Associate Member

Should I continue my HCG when I end my TRT?

I have been on TRT for a couple months now going into the 3rd. I originally went in because I was having libido problems and knew it had something to do with my test levels being low. I believe it was from doing some prohormones some time last year. Ends up that I was right and my levels were low so the doc put me on 100mg of test cyp a week and also talked me into some HGH which I didn't mind because I need to get my separated ac joint healed faster.

After reading up on Allthingsmale.com I decided to tell my doc about taking HCG with my TRT treatment and he looked at it and said it was a good idea so I have been following the procedure of taking 250IU injections 2 days prior to my test injections. I do my test injections on Monday so I do my HCG injections on Sat & Sun.

What I would like to know is once I am done with my 12 weeks of TRT when do I actually stop my HCG? Do I continue it? Would I follow Dr. Swale's TRT protocol and stop my HCG 1 week before the end of my TRT? If so, then would I take any Nolvadex or Clomid 2 weeks after my last injection?

Also, my nips have gotten sensitive lately so doc prescribed me some Arimidex .5mg eod which I would have assumed that he would prescribe some Nolvadex instead. I can still get some Nolva so wouldn't that be a better idea at 10mg's a day?

Spyke is offline Associate Member
    What makes you think that you won't still have the problems when you go off TRT? You know you will really feel like crap when you go off and it will probably stay that way?

HRT is usually for life. Swale says that right on his site.

I dont know until Im off and I will know when I get my bloodwork tested again. I am 31 and I really dont feel I should be having to go through this at my age.

balin is offline Junior Member
    Hopefully proper PCT will reastablish your T levels to there previous levels.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Dude you dont go off TRT, you are supposed to be on for a long time. Where does this 12 weeks crap come from ? The Arimidex dose is good and will fix the nipple problem much better than Nolvadex . I am in my thirsd week of HGH as well and its great stuff. I hope you are on that for at least six months. What dose are you on. I am doing 3IU's a week at the moment

From what my bloodwork showed Im not shut down I just have low test levels and at being only 31 its probably from doing some dumb prohormones last year because thats when I noticed a problem. Doc said there's a good chance that I will be back to normal just needed a kick start to get normal again.

So doc said 12 weeks and then get my bloodwork done again and see how I do. Off for 1 month and it my bloodwork looks ok then I can go back on again or possibly wont have to which is what I am hoping for. I also like the HGH too. At 3IU's a day and still working my way up.

Quote Originally Posted by doublefister
    From what my bloodwork showed Im not shut down I just have low test levels and at being only 31 its probably from doing some dumb prohormones last year because thats when I noticed a problem. Doc said there's a good chance that I will be back to normal just needed a kick start to get normal again.

So doc said 12 weeks and then get my bloodwork done again and see how I do. Off for 1 month and it my bloodwork looks ok then I can go back on again or possibly wont have to which is what I am hoping for. I also like the HGH too. At 3IU's a day and still working my way up.
    Well that makes no sense to me at all bro. Synthetic Test will shut you down completely, not restart your natural Test production. Your Dr is an idiot if he thinks that it will. So what happens after twelve weeks, you are suddenly going to be back to normal ?

balin is offline Junior Member
    Kick starting makes no sence to me either. Did you ever do a proper pct after any of your cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Well that makes no sense to me at all bro. Synthetic Test will shut you down completely, not restart your natural Test production. Your Dr is an idiot if he thinks that it will. So what happens after twelve weeks, you are suddenly going to be back to normal ?
    The main reason I went in was because I started to have libido problems. Doc put me on the test to get me normal again and after the 12 weeks he was going to put me on the HCG to get me producing again. After I gave him the link to Allthingsmale.com and told him I wanted to take HCG and follow their protocol he thought it was a good idea and agreed so now I am taking HCG with my test. Even at 100mg I have already started having sensitive nips and just started taking .5mg of Arimidex which is what the doc prescribed.

What Im still trying to find out is would I stop the HCG one week before ending my 12 test treatment or do I run it all the way through and then after my last injection do I take clomid or nolva 2 weeks after?

Quote Originally Posted by balin
    Kick starting makes no sence to me either. Did you ever do a proper pct after any of your cycles?

Only cycle I have done is a Turinabol only cycle. I was shut down before that and after my Turinabol cycle I decided to go see the doc and see what my levels were. Im pretty sure it was the prohormones I took that shut me down because I didn't have a problem until after that.

The main reason I went in was because I started to have libido problems. Doc put me on the test to get me normal again and after the 12 weeks he was going to put me on the HCG to get me producing again. After I gave him the link to Allthingsmale.com and told him I wanted to take HCG and follow their protocol he thought it was a good idea and agreed so now I am taking HCG with my test. Even at 100mg I have already started having sensitive nips and just started taking .5mg of Arimidex which is what the doc prescribed.

What Im still trying to find out is would I stop the HCG one week before ending my 12 test treatment or do I run it all the way through and then after my last injection do I take clomid or nolva 2 weeks after?
    Absolutely thats what you have do do. Stop HCG a week before the end of the Test, 14 days after the last Test shot you need to start a PCT protocol of Clomid and Nolvadex for at least 30 days.
    Last edited by Kale; 07-07-2006 at 04:36 PM.

What would the dosages of the Clomid and Nolva be? Regular pct dosages? Also I believe you stop Clomid after 2 weeks and then continue on with the Nolvadex am I correct?

What would the dosages of the Clomid and Nolva be? Regular pct dosages? Also I believe you stop Clomid after 2 weeks and then continue on with the Nolvadex am I correct?
    Here is the dosage

Day 1-30- 100mg Clomid + 20mg Nolva

And yes I would personally run the Nolvadex for another couple of weeks to avoid any Estrogen rebound

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Here is the dosage

Day 1-30- 100mg Clomid + 20mg Nolva

And yes I would personally run the Nolvadex for another couple of weeks to avoid any Estrogen rebound
    So Clomid for 4 weeks?

So Clomid for 4 weeks?
    Yes ....

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep us posted. Good Luck!

Thread Information