ThrottleKing is offline Junior Member

My Endo lost my respect

I called him to let him know that I've gained about 13 lbs in water weight and that I was very bloated all over, especially the classic "moon face."

I explained to him I'm doing 1 hr of stairclimber and 30 mins of lifting 5 days a week. Also I have a low sodium diet and eating low carb meals. I also drink at least 80 oz water per day.

His diagnosis over the phone, "No, I don't think it's the Testosterone . It usually doesn't have those side effects." See your family physician. WTF

I was speechless and then I said, "Okay".

Mainly because once you come off as knowing more than the DR they get very defensive.

Luckily I have a backup supplier for my water retention issues. But I actually wanted the Endo to at least acknowledge that the Test could be the culprit. I had to be the one to do the research...that's sad.

I've lost all respect for his abilities.

liftin4life is offline Associate Member
    That's ridiculous. Yes, some do get defensive. I've had no sex drive for awhile...went to Urgent care and they had a gynecologist working there. They let him see me due to my issue. He ran some tests and LH, TSH, SHBG...all normal....total test =84 (350-1020 normal range)...and he asid my FSH was horribly low as well. Anyway...he was very openminded and we both discussed our theories about the HPTA and how clomid and HCG can provide reversal....however in my case the HCG wouldn't help b/c the pituitary is fine.

Anyway...he referred me to a Urologist that I'm going to see Wed. I'm going to discuss everything with him and hopefully he'll be openminded and understand that I've done over 20 hours of research this week alone on the HPTA and TRT/HRT....and that I'm not ignorant about it.

Get a new doctor...there are plenty. If your blood tests back up your treatment as plain as day (no iffy treatment)....then you should have no prob. There is no reason to deal with someone who can't SHARE and DISCUSS because of their degree/status.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    yeh, i had to move on to a 2nd endo and almost a 3rd....they are partners in our health care not "Gods" of medicine like they think...what i can't figure out is why they would refer you to your Fam Doc when he could have made the $$$$$$$....I think you are right some don't like the patients knowing too much...they like to be in total control.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Funny, my endo has been trying for weeks to talk me out of running my next cycle. BP is good, Lipids good, PSA good! WTF.....time for a new Doc!

MJ

Thread Information