Joker 13 is offline New Member

H.R.T. Insurance Question

Hey Guys

So if you have done all the required work to get on a hrt program cause your test is low, would your provider fill the prescriptions? I'm asking cause I have Keiser (spell?) and they have thier own pharmacy's at the hospitals. Also my co-pay is only $15 would save me a bunch.

Thanx in advance

balin is offline Junior Member
    Depends on your hrt clinic. Some like to control the medications themselves as it is part of thier profit margin. My Dr. will write a script that I can get filled any where I want.

UpstateNY is offline Junior Member
    I had my regular Dr. do the blood work as part of my annual physical, the extra blood work doesn't draw attention. He did the write up as a quality of life issue. Lathargy, pain, low libido, difficulty sleeping, etc. All true and symptoms for many with low test. Insurance never questioned the scripts once. They have a formulary that tells which drugs they pay for and what the co-pay is. We used that to keep my costs down and get the desired results. I truly felt like I was a great deal older and more infirmed than I should have at 43. Today, with once weekly injections of 1ml (200) of Test I feel tremendously better, thank God and everyone here! My blood levels were almost off the low end of the chart, today they stay at 1018 8 days post injection. Haven't heard of anyone who's gone that route having troubles. A lot has to do with how the Dr.writes it up as I see it. Be sure to tell him the whole truth and make sure the symptoms are more than libido and I don't think you'll have troubles. You can always call the ins. co. in adavance. You don't have to give your name!
    best of luck to you

Joker 13 is offline New Member
    Thanx for the reply

Thread Information