harveyjblch is offline Junior Member

254 @38 yrs old Doc scribed Androgel

Hey guys!! My doc put me on Androgel 5g, been on it since this Thurs., and I was just looking for some opinons on this type of therapy. I can already see that this a pain in the butt. I dont like the idea that I have to wear a shirt to bed (my little one sleeps with my wife and I) I dont want my daughters to touch my shoulders or neck even with my shirt on. I guess I am over cautious.

I was thinking about telling the doctor I would rather have injections instead of gel. I would like to give myself the injections if he would allow it and then i could pay the copay at the drug store.

I thought to call Oasis. I am just a little scared of the price that Oasis may charge and might not be able to recover some of the cost from my insurance company (Aetna).

Thanks

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    there was just a thread about that....aetna not being one that has covered meds thru oasis
    androgel was a concern for me cuz i have 4 small daughters and don't always like wearing a shirt 'round the house and fuggitabout wearing one to bed....i had to be forceful to get a script for injects but then it was all downhill from there to the good....the androgel was good don't get me wrong but it is a small dose (however a normal starting dose) and you have a legitimate concern.

good luck bro

Yea, I read that about Aetna. Do you think I should call right away or should I wait a few more days? Do you get to do your own injections or does the doc do them for you jpkman?

vermin is offline Member
    Here's the thing - the gel will give you a "flatter" blood level, which is good, compared to endos typical injection schedules (as much as every three weeks). Tell him you know that you can have good blood levels with 2/week injections.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by harveyjblch
    Yea, I read that about Aetna. Do you think I should call right away or should I wait a few more days? Do you get to do your own injections or does the doc do them for you jpkman?
    i do my own...they sent me a RX for the cyp then i was supposed to call them and make appt. and bring in the med...LOL NOT!
    When i got it I began self admin immediately and no questions were asked. Even called in and got a refill called in by them. Don't know how it works with all docs but that's how it went down with me.
    The doc requested bloodwork to be done b4 any more refills but i was expecting to have to do that b4 i got the first refill.
    Harv..I felt pretty good on gel and gave it a month or 2 but gains were slow and i couldn't wait to go on injects from what i was learning here and I am glad I made the switch. And I wouldn't want your daughter to be exposed either.

Take care and good luck

Thanks vermin, jpkman

Thread Information