Thread: Good News

zipster_dude is offline Associate Member

Good News

Went to my family doc after reading these forums and we both agreed that TRT might give me just the "boost" I am looking for. He wanted to run some blood work to make sure everything else looked ok before giving me the script. He told me that the blood test for test was not based upon any certain numbers to script, but rather depended upon what his patients felt their quality of life was, and was willing to script if I felt I could "feel" better with a test at the top of the range.

To my amazement he said at least 10 of his patients on hrt are 30 and below. I am 29. I am excited about the future.

harveyjblch is offline Junior Member
    Wish my doctor would do that for me. He is scribing Androgel for me. IT SUXXXXXXXX. Does not work for me at all. Trying to get the injects.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    sounds like you found a conservative doc....glad you are doing bloodwork and hopefully checking all the pertainent tests and i reccommend keeping an eye on your estrogen levels especially if you plan on ramping up your testosterone doses a bit...you did mention he was willing to get you high levels on test, so you probably know that this could possibly cause your estro to elevate as well and possibly diminish your mood/gains.

A lot of us here already on TRT either have AI's on hand or are on to keep the test-estro ration optimum.

congrats on the good doc and take care

Quote Originally Posted by harveyjblch
    Wish my doctor would do that for me. He is scribing Androgel for me. IT SUXXXXXXXX. Does not work for me at all. Trying to get the injects.
    We discussed the gel, but he said most of his patients did not like it. I have heard good arguments for not using the gel such as transfer to wife, kids, girlfriend etc. Worth a try on down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    sounds like you found a conservative doc....glad you are doing bloodwork and hopefully checking all the pertainent tests and i reccommend keeping an eye on your estrogen levels especially if you plan on ramping up your testosterone doses a bit...you did mention he was willing to get you high levels on test, so you probably know that this could possibly cause your estro to elevate as well and possibly diminish your mood/gains.

A lot of us here already on TRT either have AI's on hand or are on to keep the test-estro ration optimum.

congrats on the good doc and take care
    Thanks for the info. I have cycled with compounds in the past and will have AI's on hand.

I intend on actually using the TRT correctly so that I can achieve the boost in the upper levels of natural test. I have been roughed up physically in the past few years, broken back, surgery (after being shot in the military), and problems with low energy and weight gain so I am looking forward to a boost.

Once I am back in the swing of things I will go from there.

See ya!

SHANEDOGG is offline New Member
    My new doc put me back on test after about 10 months off it. My previous doc didn't think I needed it... should have told her to go to Hell! I'm back on test now - Androgel 10g everyday, so far it's OK, but not like injectables! I'll probably end up back on injectables...

Anyway, my point was, I have a jacked up neck from a car accident and when I started w/ injectables, the pain disappeared. I don't know if it's from the oil the put in there or chronic pain goes away when you elevate your test levels, but I really felt good. I haven't even come close to that feeling on gels....Hope it takes some of the pain away. good luck.

fbcoach is offline Junior Member
    Shanedogg,
    Would you care to elaborate on that? I had a football accident, and had a cervical lamenectomy over 15 years ago. I've been through every type of therapy you can think of for the chronic pain. The only thing that ever helped was Paxil. I couldn't live like that, so I just decided to live the healthy lifestyle as best as I could. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thread Information