Thread: wellness center

illuzions is offline Associate Member

wellness center

ok so a friend of mine told me about this wellness doctor that checks your test levels and prescribes hcg among other things to raise your test levels....i decide to go and check it out....levels come back low...he advises me to go on this wellness program where he will prescribe me test...he tells me i will gain lean muscle and loose some bf....

my question is have any of you guys gone through something like this...i dont want to start something that is a waste of time...btw, my friend swears by it as does some other people he knows who have been on it...

i am 26 yo....5'8, 175...i have a few done a few cycles in the past...just been training consistently

any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    your friend and your doc are trying to help....sounds all legit to me

comradebillyboy is offline Associate Member
    Go for it. It sounds quite good. If it doesn't work out change your program.

illuzions is offline Associate Member
    my bro in law started yesterday....im gonna give it a try...ill post in a few weeks to let you guys know how it went...

juicer34 is offline Junior Member
    thats a great hook up, roll with it!

walkandtalk24 is offline New Member
    is this place in jersey. I have been looking for a place. Any details?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    OP hasn't been here in a long time

Yeah I just realized that. Big any advice?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walkandtalk24 View Post
    Yeah I just realized that. Big any advice?
    I'm not BIG (not small either), but what are you looking for? (Anti Aging Clinic, Endo, etc.) Feel free to start a new thread if you want and we can give this other thread a proper burial.

Bump

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries

How much arimidex?

I was curious how much you guys are taking.

Ah fcuk it, this thread is as good as any for a fun hijack!!

Thorsz, I'm running 0.5x2/wk on Anastrozole.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    I'm not BIG (not small either), but what are you looking for?
    Feel free to represent me for the duration of the thread, as always you have it under control.

I'm looking to responsibly get some healthy size on while maintaining a low bodyweight, typical. Want to do it the right way. Thought that going to a wellness center or doctor was the right thing to do. stats are 26y/o 6'2" - 225 - bf around 9% or less (guessing). My body responses very well to supplements etc. Can't really be a monster because of work but love the size. Tough dilemma. So I am looking for some educated advice from some serious pros. Thanks gentleman. I'm sure there is alot of info I have no provided, just let me know.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    I was curious how much you guys are taking.
    Sorry guys. I'm on a Blackberry. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by walkandtalk24 View Post
    I'm looking to responsibly get some healthy size on while maintaining a low bodyweight, typical. Want to do it the right way. Thought that going to a wellness center or doctor was the right thing to do. stats are 26y/o 6'2" - 225 - bf around 9% or less (guessing). My body responses very well to supplements etc. Can't really be a monster because of work but love the size. Tough dilemma. So I am looking for some educated advice from some serious pros. Thanks gentleman. I'm sure there is alot of info I have no provided, just let me know.
    Well, in this section our discussions revolve around Testosterone Replacement Therapy and the various treatments thereof. A wellness doctor probably won't be inclined to talk about TRT with you at 26 unless you've got confirmed low hormone levels caused by pituitary issues or testicular failure. A lot of wellness and aging clinics set the bar at 35 for the minimum age.

I'm not even sure if this is exactly what you're leaning towards, but if you are just know that it is a long-term thing. I'm 43 and the reality is I'll be taking weekly shots the rest of my life. Do you know your testosterone levels ?

Unfortunately, I do not know my Testosterone levels . One reason why i would like to see a doctor but I don't have any health issues I am aware of. I am pretty determined to take AAS so I would like to take them correctly and safely under a trained professional.

Understood. My top suggestion is to take some time and do a lot of research. This site by itself is loaded with just about anything you might need to know. I've also got some text books that make many of my college text books look like short stories. Just reading the stickies is a great place to start.

The cool thing is that you've got lots of time. The more you're prepared mentally and physically, the more you're going to get out of it. There are dozens of gurus in the various sections of this site. These guys are more than willing to help you build a successful program if you come in with a decent plan that shows you are prepared. On the contrary you can read all sorts of threads in the Q&A section, where some lazy ass didn't take the time to understand what he was really doing, and he's wanting help with doing a deca only cycle ... Then he flips his lid when the vets tell him that that's a dumb idea. There's not a lot of mixing words when ignorance and laziness are involved. But if you're trying, learning and giving it some sincere effort, you'll pickup some friends and knowledge along the way, and I know you will be happier that you did so.

It would be good to see a doc if possible, if not just for getting a physical and maybe you can get some labs run. How's your diet and workout program?
    Last edited by Vettester; 07-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.

good advice definately doctor/bloodwork FIRST

Great advice Vette! Definitely gives me the motivation...
    As far as my workout I have been lifting on and off since 17. About 4-5 times a week. I workout chest/tris, bis/back, shoulders/legs and rotate that throughout the week taking breaks when my body tells me to or work/gf. Lately I have been going low reps heavy weights but it has been taking a toll on my joints. Not sure what information you are looking for exactly. It varies greatly. I listen to my body but I bust my hump and if I have time workout about 2 hours.

As for my diet I eat at least 50g of protein every 2-3 hours. Lower carb as of now. With my job it is difficult to get whole food in so I have been eating bars, shakes, and most recently Carnivar shots.

Typical day.
    Meal 1 - 8-10 eggs all whites/ 3 yolks and 1 cup of oatmeal.
    Meal 2 - 6 chicken tenders (i know, i know)
    Meal 3 - protein bar/ shot/ shake
    Meal 4 - 1 of chk salad or a bar/shake/shot
    Meal 5 - Steak/salad/ckn veggie on side
    Pre workout drink
    Post workout drink
    Meal 6 - ckn/shrimp
    Meal 7 - casein drink

When I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I try and grab a shake too. I find it incredibly difficult, overwhelming and time consuming to measure everything out exactly. I have read alot about nutrition but real life practical info is tough to find.

I am a project and need alot of work. I know I sound like I don't know what but Ive read a large amount of information, it is just hard to weed out the good and bad and to find out what works. Thank you for all your help and guidance.

Dude, you're doing a great job! Keep that attitude and dedication.

Like we mentioned, get with a doctor and make sure you have a clean bill of health. There are plenty on this forum that will help you interpret things if your doc doesn't clarify it for you.

The KEY is: Get involved! Too many guys just hit and run this place for some quick info, then they come limping back when things go south.

Take a few months to real study up on what's right, and what's wrong. When and if you think it's time for a change, throw it on the table and let the guys who have been through the motions help you refine your plan. It doesn't appear that you're at the stage in life where you need TRT, but a doc and BW will be the judge of that.

If you don't need TRT, then the objective is make your program work as long as you can without ever getting on TRT. The advise on this site will help you prepare to make the right decisions so that you don't get stuck with something that you really didn't want, including fertility issues.

Keep us posted with your thoughts and progress.

Thread Information