TUnit is offline Associate Member

23 year old considering trt

My friend is considering doing trt...but he is only 23. He had his test levels taken a few months ago and it was 290 on a scale of 250-1150. Keep in mind he has done a few cycles but it has been well over a year since his last one. Are there any risks at starting hrt at that young of an age?

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    It sounds to me like the risk was already taken when he was too young.

23-26 is usually the age to consider starting if ever.

I am willing to bet you that he did either a dbol only cycle for too long with no pct. Am I right?

Also, did he have his testosterone tested in the morning after a 12 hour fast? Test levels go up and down throughout the day. They are usually highest in the morning as it tries to bind to the cholesterol in your blood.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i started hrt at 25 lol
    aas 4 lyfe yo!
    but i also consulted w/ 2 endocrinlogist .. both very good friends. considering the frequency and type of cycles i run.. we found hrt to be far easier on me than constant roller coaster of hormones.

EDIT: now im not saying do it until he really sits down w/ an endocrinologist and WEIGHS the pros and cons of it... otherwise he is just being a total dumbass.

well from what he tells me, the pros definitely out weigh the cons. For the last year he's had loss of sex drive and can hardly keep it up, fatique in or out of the gym, loss of appetite, strength and size, and has gained alot of bodyfat. He's going to the doc on monday to talk with him about it. I think the only concern he has is he wants to have a kid someday...will he still be able to? I hear alot of different opinions...some say you can and other say you can't.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah he can still have a kid. I did, as many here have, while on cycle.

bump

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Last edited by shrpskn; 06-15-2007 at 06:59 PM.

well he got back from the doc, the good news is is if he starts he can still have kids...the doc said that shouldn't be a problem. there just waiting on the results to get back and then the doc is going to prescribe him hrt. could he go ahead and take a shot of test cyp to get things started? he wants his sex life back lol...poor guy

Stat1951 is offline New Member
    Unfortunately - in most cases, it "don't come back" right away! Sometimes can take weeks. Sometimes can take months. Again, seems like wrong forum for some of the responses.

well he went ahead and took his first shot...he started with 100mg and he will do that every week. Few questions....

1-Should he stick with 100mg/wk or bump it to 200mg/wk?
    2-How long should it take to start getting to feeling normal again...sex drive, strength, appetite?
    3-Also what are the things he needs to keep an eye on when he goes to get his blood work done?
    4-How often does the hcg need to be taken...2x a week for life?

lacey231 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TUnit
    well he went ahead and took his first shot...he started with 100mg and he will do that every week. Few questions....

1-Should he stick with 100mg/wk or bump it to 200mg/wk?
    2-How long should it take to start getting to feeling normal again...sex drive, strength, appetite?
    3-Also what are the things he needs to keep an eye on when he goes to get his blood work done?
    4-How often does the hcg need to be taken...2x a week for life?
    1-Stick with 100mg. Get the Blood tests done after 10 weeks. Go from there. 200mg a week is a lot for TRT.
    2-***ends on estradiol levels, what his Test levels get up to etc. If all he needs is test he should start feeling better soon, and by 6 weeks should see a big difference.
    3-Total Test, Free Test, Estradiol, Dhea, Cholesterol, RBC, and I think liver values would be a good start. I'm sure a capible doc would know what to test. I think docs test PSA, and DHT as well sometimes.
    4-Whatever your doc prescribes.
    Last edited by lacey231; 06-15-2007 at 08:23 AM.

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lacey231
    1-Stick with 100mg. Get the Blood tests done after 10 weeks. Go from there. 200mg a week is a lot for TRT.
    2-***ends on estradiol levels, what his Test levels get up to etc. If all he needs is test he should start feeling better soon, and by 6 weeks should see a big difference.
    3-Total Test, Free Test, Estradiol, Dhea, Cholesterol, and I think liver values would be a good start. I'm sure a capible doc would know what to test. I think docs test PSA, and DHT as well sometimes.
    4-Whatever your doc prescribes.
    good advice here....but strongly believe these are answers he should seek from the doctor who put him on HRT....not an only steroid web forum

Well the doc hasnt prescribed him yet...there kinda throwing him around rite now and so now he's just waiting to see a urologist, but everyone tells him that they most likely won't put him on and that they will try another method. He is just going to start now on his own since insurance won't cover the hrt and it's too expensive. His results hadn't improve since the last blood work which was at the beggining of the year, but this problem started probably a year ago or more. He just wants his levels back now so he is doing it himself for now until someone will prescribe him or until he can get some money for the hrt. He will still be going every 6 months to get a check up on his levels and talk to the doc a little.

Joe Dic is offline Junior Member
    Your chances are greatly reduced of having kids while on test.

also at 23 he has a long long way to keep up with hrt maybe he has other problems ,can benifit from other medication (anti ***ressants).

Most on hrt choose to do it cause they want too not so much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dic
    Your chances are greatly reduced of having kids while on test.
    How's he going to have kids now if he cant get it up? He can go on Hcg while on TRT to keep his boys going, problem solved.

also at 23 he has a long long way to keep up with hrt maybe he has other problems ,can benifit from other medication (anti ***ressants).
    His test levels are in the shitter. How will a anti ***ressant help with that?

Most on hrt choose to do it cause they want too not so much needed.
    So he shouldn't go on if he needs it?
    Last edited by lacey231; 06-16-2007 at 02:45 PM.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    How's he going to have kids now if he cant get it up? He can go on Hcg while on TRT to keep his boys going, problem solved.

great outlook to inject urself extrects of horse pee for the rest of ur life!

I also dont get this...

he shoudl try to restore his test levels - he s still young, they can bounce back. if he goes on trt now they ll be gone. and chance to get kids with hrt starting that early are VERY reduced...

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You will be sick of injecting within a year, try a long eggressive pct.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    he shoudl try to restore his test levels - he s still young, they can bounce back. if he goes on trt now they ll be gone. and chance to get kids with hrt starting that early are VERY reduced...
    Everybody that's on TRT should be using HCG .

I get that it would be great to restore his natural test but he's been down for over a year. His natural levels should have bounced back by now regarless of a pct or not, shouldn't they? 290's a pretty crappy number over a year after his last cycle imo.

Didn't mean to come off like an ass in my other post, I just am not one for fixing testosterone problems with anti-***ressents. Bad experince personally. Don't see how throwing an SSRI on top of already having ED would help chances of having kids.
    Last edited by lacey231; 06-16-2007 at 08:56 PM.

Joe Dic is offline Junior Member

1. His levels are not in the shitter according to your previous post,its just at an average low. 99% of getting it up is mental if not being suprressed by a drug

2.anti *** will help him deal with his slump, maybe better sleep less stress more active, all lead to increased test.

3.I didnt say dont go on if he REALLY needs it i said most use it as a quick fix cause yes higher test DOES make you feel better, shit it what makes you a man.
    BUT he is WAY to young to start, test lvls could be low for other reasons, diet stress etc... HRT is for guys over 30 (even thats young) or past steriod abusers that have rooned themselves or people talking other medications that suppress test production. NOT someone who feels down and lvls are just somewhat low at AGE 23.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    has he run any decent PCT? TRT before attempting a proper PCT proramme seems a little backward. I would reccomend he uses an elongated version of the anthony roberts PCT but sub nolva for toromifine

He's done 2 proper pcts with no luck. He's been small all his life and could never really grow facial hair and has lost alot of hair on the top. He felt soo much better when he was on test, even a low dose (but ovbiously you'll feel good either way on a cycle). But when he gets off he just feels like crap...evens months to a year after and ongoing. This is what he wants, or so he says. He doesn't mind a shot or 2 for the rest of his life...as long as he's happy you know and is able to use his junk when he needs it and still proceed in his workouts. It's no fun going to the gym when you can get energy ever and always have to leave because you feel like crap

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    (but ovbiously you'll feel good either way on a cycle).
    Not true...I feel like shit sometimes when I'm on...just because you're on a cycle doesn't mean that you're not susceptible to feeling like shit.

outline his PCTs

did clomid and nolva first run, then tried hcg along with clomid and nolva again.

I always feel good on my cycles...unless I get the flu or something , then I feel like shit

did clomid and nolva first run, then tried hcg along with clomid and nolva again.

I always feel good on my cycles...unless I get the flu or something , then I feel like shit
    Those PCTs are utter crap mate. Your friend is a retard if he is considering TRT when he clearly has not even researched proper PCT protocol, I'll say it again "Retard"

But it's been more than a year since his last cycle. So don't you think with his age and time off that he should be back to normal anyways...regardless if his pct's weren't perfect? He did the base pct first...4 weeks of clomid and nolva and that didn't help...then he did the clomid, nolva, hcg , and I also forgot to add the vit e. I think he said he ran that for like 4 weeks and ran the nolva for a total of 6. The doc said he thought it was strange to see someone that young with those levels after not doing steroids for over a year.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    i hear that a long run of adex at roughly .25-.5mgs ed can double test levels in 6months.....

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    i hear that a long run of adex at roughly .25-.5mgs ed can double test levels in 6months.....
    Yup thats true!!

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i was thinkin the adex also. Id rather have to take that the resto of my life than HRT. i would run 1mg/day though for the first month, just to get things moving. Adex is very low toxic. they have not even been able to establish a lethal dose. even at 60mg a day! Letro is cool too at raising test, but harder on the liver and gives sexual sides. But it will probably give the bigesst rise in test faster than another AI.
    Aromasin may be better still. Not as cost effective, but apparently it has some androgenic properties of its own that may help things out.
    There is something called "aromatase inhibitor resistance". i have read very little about it but i know it comes after long term use. cycling an AI may help.

Thread Information