Thread: Increasing dose

graeme87 is offline Member

Increasing dose

I am considering hrt/trt what I want to know is lets say you were put on hrt at age 30 at 200mg of test EW by the time you are in your 50’s or 60’s would that dose still be OK or would it need to be increased?

bump

Joe Dic is offline Junior Member
    Itll be alot at that age. 200mg a week is a decent dose, Ive read here that you do not gain a tolerance to test but my doc when I was on test injections would switch between cyp and enanthate every few months he said you do build a tolerance but hey who knows. My opinion is cyp sucks and enanthate is way better but its supposed to be the same. Ive cycled both and I got shite from the cyp compared to the enanthate and YES they were both real as they where pharm grade.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    interesting thread...i hope more chime in as i am on hrt for life and started at 37

Personally I don’t think you would develop a tolerance since it is a naturally occurring hormone but there is a lot of talk about receptor down regulation and such (especially on a cycle)

It would be interesting to here more replies especially from the guy that have been on hrt/trt for a long time

fbcoach is offline Junior Member
    200mgs/week may be too much for lifetime. Remember, test levels above the normal range cause your other glands (adrenal, thyroid, etc.) to work harder and may cause problems in the long run.
    With that said, they used to think the receptor sites downgraded. They have done studies to prove that it is not true. I think what happens is when we first go on, we notice that we see what normal test levels should be like (increased energy, strength, lean mass, etc.). We reach a point that we plateau and think it is not working anymore, when in reality, we are where we should be naturally. In order to reach another plateau, you have to take more, but then that would be more like a cycle. Hope that made sense. Also, if you find that after several years on HRT and you are aging, it more likely one of your other glands or systems of your body that is not functioning optimally....not necessarily your HRT not working.

good reply, thanks for that.

fbcoach is offline Junior Member
    You're welcome
    The myth of downregulation is one of the reasons for pyramid cycling in the 80's. In practice, pyramiding works, but not because of downgrading of the cycle, but due to aromatization and simply taking more supplies you with more test to break past plateaus.

Thread Information