netadmin is offline New Member

Testosterone Replacement theropy ?

I had blood work done last week. Today they call me and tell me that test levels are extremely low. They want to give me a shot a month and do bloodwork again at the end of the month to see if all is improving. My question is what kind of test is going to stay in my system for a month without crashing. Could I take some test cyp 300 in about two weeks after the shot the doctor gives me? So I would take her shot at the first of the month and then mine ate 300mg in the middle and then back for her to give me the shot for the new month so it would be like a shot every two weeks? or do you think it will messup my blood work so bad that she would recongize I was taking something else with it? any thoughts

Find it hard to believe no one has any input

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    They will use Test E or Test C, both have long esters and are designed to stay in the system for a long time. Personally I think you would be better off getting a shot a week, I do it twice a week just to be sure my levels are very stable. As far as you doing it along with her dose, why not just do it all yourself. A normal TRT dose is around 125mg a week but this can vary a lot between individuals and you need to monitor it with blood tests to determine what dose is correct for you,

The reason I am going through with TRT is becuase my insurance covers it. I have not talked with her about stablizing my levels. she may recommend twice a month, who knows. I was just wanting add a extra shot in there if they aren't going to to give it to. Because that cyp. is only good your system for about 10-12 days. I just don't want to crash and feel like shit. Plus this way they will do my bloodwork for free
    Last edited by netadmin; 07-17-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by netadmin
    The reason I am going through with TRT is becuase my insurance covers it. I have not talked with her about stablizing my levels. she may recommend twice a month, who knows. I was just wanting add a extra shot in there if they aren't going to to give it to. I just don't want to crash and feel like shit. Plus this way hey will do my bloodwork for free
    OK so you have to know how much they are going to give you before you can supplement the dose with an extra one or it will fire you way over the top of the range in the blood test. Make sure they are checking your Estradiol levels as well because they are just as important as Testosterone

So should I question her about the Milligrams and what kind? they are going to do blood work one month from the first shot to check levels and hemoglobin

So should I question her about the Milligrams and what kind? they are going to do blood work one month from the first shot to check levels and hemoglobin
    Yes exactly, what kind and how much. Question her about Estradiol as well as this is very important, if she discounts it then fine a new Dr

Do you think I will be able to gain some muscle on this? Not huge gains like 30lbs. I have done that before, i am looking for solid gains like 10 lbs in 3 months. something retainable

Thanks for all you input KALE, it is much appriciated

Do you think I will be able to gain some muscle on this? Not huge gains like 30lbs. I have done that before, i am looking for solid gains like 10 lbs in 3 months. something retainable
    Well I sure did. If you can get your test levels to the top of the range and you get a good diet with lots a protein and a good workout routine there is no doubt you will get some gains out of it

Great, thanks for your help

what Milligram are they give you and how often.

Great, thanks for your help
    Its a pleasure, come back to us when you have more details

So I went to the doc today the gave me shot of cyp 200. they told me if I start to feel down in about 10 days to call. I asked if they were going to more bloodwork and they said no. I think I might a shot of my own every week. Just to keep blood level up

So I went to the doc today the gave me shot of cyp 200. they told me if I start to feel down in about 10 days to call. I asked if they were going to more bloodwork and they said no. I think I might a shot of my own every week. Just to keep blood level up
    So when are the planning to give you your next shot ?

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    I would call them after 10 days and tell them you were starting to feel better but by the 10th day you were feeling like shit again. Maybe they will give you the weekly shots then. If you can get them to give you the weekly shots and keep an eye on your estro levels you will be good to go. Even every 10 days would be a hell of alot better than once a month. I get by with 125mg a week. But like Kale said some people feel better with twice a week. I do it on my own and get my blood levels checked by me Doc. It's not that expensive to do it without insurance and you can do it right. Just keep your blood levels checked if you can.

30 days

my lab results came back and my hgb is 17.4 and my HCT is 49. I don't see it as high but they do, they want to send me to a nephrologist to for test on my kidneys? any thoughts

Thread Information