Deja is offline New Member

i got dumped because gynecomastia.. have endo/surgery appointment lined up.

I've had gynecomastia since puberty and have decided to get it removed (mild at best). My surgeon mandated that I get blood work done, specifically an endocrinologist (prior to surgery). I have been a chronic smoker for the past year or so (*********included). It is to my understanding this behavior will skew my blood work.

I have quit smoking both (about a week out). I'm scheduled for my blood work in about ten days in order to clear any underlying causes related to this condition, but afraid that I may be red flagged (essentially quitting smoking for 2 weeks altogether after smoking heavily for about a year).

I have been preforming cardio daily since (med intensity @ 50 min upon wakeup) in means to flush my system, accompanied with a cleaner diet (more greens, fluids, etc).

How long does it typically take for the body to recover i.e. hormones, test/estrogen levels. I must admit a loss in libido.

any thoughts/input/recommendation would be really appreciated.

thanks in advance.

PS: my ex girlfriend was shallow as hell and glad its over. i'm under a time constraint as school is starting soon and would like to have it done before it starts (can start healing, etc) and be ready for a nice bulk this winter.
    Last edited by Booz; 07-30-2007 at 07:43 AM.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    gl with your surgery. post before and after pics or something

Deja is offline New Member
    definitely. i appreciate it, i'll be taking a log of the entire thing (from blood work date well into post-op).

any other ideas? the blood work is gonna run roughly $800 and would hate to be redflagged (hormone levels are all over the place) and have to re-take.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by godkilla
    gl with your surgery. post before and after pics or something

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    Do you know exactly what they are testing for. Is it just basic pre-op bloodwork? If it's just pre-op bloodwork you should be fine unless you have some underlying condition that your not aware of. I would ask your doc what they are testing for.

Thread Information