zoidbar is offline Junior Member

Question HCG to treat varicocel Pros only please

Please read the following

Résumé / Abstract
    The authors treated 135 men who underwent varicocelectomy, but had sustained Leydig cell dysfunction disclosed by LHRH test with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG ). hCG was administered for 10 weeks : 50,000 units were given in 10 divided doses intramuscularly. Semen analysis and measurement of serum hormone level were obtained 8 weeks after the completion of treatment, and every 3 months after that. All patients were followed up for 2 years to confirm pregnancy. Fifty-five percent of patients achieved pregnancy and they showed significant increase in sperm density, percentage of sperm motility, normal form sperm, and serum testosterone level. It is recommended that hCG be administered to patients who undergo varicocelectomy but have persistent subtle Leydig cell dysfunction disclosed by LHRH test to stimulate the intratesticular testosterone production.

Now my question is thats 5000 ius per shot once a week correct ! Now could i not do 1000ius per day 5 days a week or is it that you need the full 5000ius per shot to shock the testicals into new growth ?

megazoid is offline New Member
    Hey Bro,

I also suffered testicular atrophy, low testosterone , adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism from getting a left side varicocele that shrunk my nut's.

Varicocele messes up your thyroid too, so get that checked. Usually varicocele sufferers have low T3 which mean's there nut's don't work right. Here are some quotes for you:

ome very important and intresting quotes:

"T3 directly increases Leydig cell LH receptor numbers and mRNA levels of steroidogenic enzymes and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein. It stimulates basal and LH-induced secretion of progesterone, testosterone , and estradiol by Leydig cells. Steroidogenic factor-1 acts as a mediator for T3-induced Leydig cell steroidogenesis. Although the role of T3 on sperm, germ, and peritubular cells has not yet been completely studied, it is clear that T3 directly regulates Sertoli and Leydig cell functions."

Testicular dysfunction in men with primary hypothy...[Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2000] - PubMed Result

"OBJECTIVE: Primary hypothyroidism can cause disturbances in normal gonadal function. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship in men between hypogonadism and primary hypothyroidism and the extent to which free and total testosterone levels rose after introduction of replacement thyroxine. DESIGN: Paired study of patients in a hypothyroid and thyroxine treated state. PATIENTS: Ten men with primary hypothyroidism. MEASUREMENTS: Free and total testosterone, gonadotrophin and prolactin levels before and after thyroxine replacement therapy. RESULTS: Low free testosterone levels (161 +/- 62 pmol/l) demonstrated at the time the men were hypothyroid rose significantly with the commencement of thyroxine replacement (315 +/- 141 pmol/l; P < 0.001). Gonadotrophin levels were not elevated consistent with hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. Hyperprolactinaemia, which can occur in primary hypothyroidism and cause hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, was not present in the majority of these patients. However a reduction in prolactin level was evident with thyroxine replacement and a rise in free testosterone levels. CONCLUSION: This suggests an effect of hypothyroidism on gonadotrophin secretion at the level of the hypothalamus-pituitary, either directly or through modulation of prolactin secretion. Low free testosterone may also be a contributing factor to some of the symptoms and signs of hypothyroidism in men."

Did varicocele negatively effect you too?

- Dave

Had all the tests and all ok , My left nut was soft and smaller its harder now after the op i am going to do the HCG for 10 weeks as i have read in many places this is a standard procedure for varical i will prob start the nova on week 8 and carry it on for another 40 days after that i know most of the guys on the board would say i am crazy but this is no PCT and ive been shut down for 5 years now,,

Hear are my thyroid results.
    TSH 1.300 MU/L RANGE 0.4-4.0
    FREE T4 15.20 PMOL/L RANGE 10.3- 24.5
    FREE T3 3.99 PMOL/L RANGE 2.30-6.30
    All with in normal middle range ,, Looks good to me , What do you think?
    Thanks
    ziod

bump bump bump burpppppp

Thread Information