TBones is offline Junior Member

HRT and Deca – not an AS post

This IS a HRT question, trust me…

I’ve seen some guys who are on HRT/TRT and are also being prescribed Deca for their shoulder pain. I know deca helps with shoulders; I have used in “back in the day” and it worked wonders.

Anyway, my question is for anyone who is on a low dose of deca (200mg/wk or so) (prescribed by a doctor). Does your testosterone dose make up for the negative effect the deca can have on sex drive? (I would think so) Also, you have to take a higher dose of the test to counteract this?

I am asking because my shoulders are screwed up and I want to avoid surgery. I am also open to any other methods of avoiding surgery if you have any suggestions. I will not stop grappling because a doctor thinks I should, and take up bat gammon or croquet instead.

Note: I am currently waiting for blood work results and hoping to be put on TRT.
    Stats: 39 yo, at 35 yrs my test was at 265, free test was 9

Thanks,
    TBone

sorel_C is offline Member
    if your put on a trt dose,, and do a light decca dose,, you should be A ok,,, but wait for Tai to come in,, i know he runs a similar protocol so he can shine some light for you

cool, thanks Chris. i'm currious to see his dose. like how low one can go and still see relief?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    deca has no affect on exogenous testosterone so even a tiny administration of 70mg/wk of test would suffice to counteract the suppressiveness of deca regardless of the deca dosage.
    so in retrospect you could run deca 600mg/wk and test at 100mg/wk and should be fine.. if you do have any issues they will be related to progesterone/prolactin/estrogen.. not "lack of testosterone"

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    deca has no affect on exogenous testosterone so even a tiny administration of 70mg/wk of test would suffice to counteract the suppressiveness of deca regardless of the deca dosage.
    so in retrospect you could run deca 600mg/wk and test at 100mg/wk and should be fine.. if you do have any issues they will be related to progesterone/prolactin/estrogen.. not "lack of testosterone"

thanks taibaxa.

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    TBones: My current regiment is 200 mg. test e and 50 mg. deca per week. I know the deca is low but it's really working for me in all areas (recovery, strength, stamina, sex drive, etc.) Adding the deca seems to be the final piece for my hrt.

Coach

JASA is offline Junior Member

deca

I use deca befoere my blood work 100mg & my leveles canmback low 100 I was 366.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach 44 View Post
    TBones: My current regiment is 200 mg. test e and 50 mg. deca per week. I know the deca is low but it's really working for me in all areas (recovery, strength, stamina, sex drive, etc.) Adding the deca seems to be the final piece for my hrt.

Coach
    Thanks. So no problems at 50mg and still helping...good to know. How long have you been running that?

If your sex drive goes down do to high prolactin or progestrone how would you treat that? Proviron ?

I'm getting an MRI on my shoulders and if i dont have any real damage that cant be fixed with rehab then i might try that for a while.

thanks,
    TBone

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 44 View Post

Coach
    Same for me except I am on 100mg Test E and 100mg Deca a week. No problems with sex drive. Horny all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Horny all the time
    lol, i cant remember what "horny all the time" means.

Thanks Kale.

btw guys. are you running the deca for a long term in your hrt or just for current pain or whatever issues?

Thanks,
    TBone

iceman1961 is offline New Member
    Tbone got my bloodwork back yesterday.... test ng/dl 450 (normal 241-827) Thats the only bloodwork he did...no estrogen test...not even free test! I can see this is gonna be a long uphill battle! Tryin to get an appointment with an endo but doubt that will be any easier from the horrorshows I've heard around here! We'll see what happens! Hope yr doin better than me friend Peace ice

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by TBones View Post
    lol, i cant remember what "horny all the time" means.

Thanks Kale.

btw guys. are you running the deca for a long term in your hrt or just for current pain or whatever issues?

Thanks,
    TBone
    All the time for me

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    T-Bones.
    take a deep breath...look at Kales avatar and logo....and it'll be a little easier remembering what all the time means....

Iceman
    it is an uphill battle and one you have to fight....cause they will do as little as they can....the mantra is fatigue, low libido, night sweats, lack of concentration....all the things that are happening to you....you just have to remember that this may be the one time the Doc is not going to be your advocate.....too much Clemens/Bonds headlines...

Ice,
    Sorry to hear that man. Thanks for the update. I hope you get it worked out. keep trying. Keep me posted.

Whiteowl,
    I'l work on that... lol thanks...

TBone

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    TBone: Went to my doc on fri. to get my levels checked. I happened to mention that I had started the 50 mg. deca and he said, "That's not a good idea." I'll wait until the results come back and go from there. But I'm not stopping the deca. He prescribed me test cyp though he wants to try it at 200mg. a month (no way), but at least that'll keep me from going across the border for my main source of hrt (test).

Coach

oh ya, i used to live in cali and used to go to TJ back when i was cyclying back in the day. It's a little dicey. Be carefull. let me know how the tests go.

Thread Information