Big Roy is offline Associate Member

Should I disclose to my urologists that I used steroids?

In the service & used for 5 years. I had to stop & now have low test levels. This is my 1st visit to a urologists. With the goal of getting on HRT. Should I play dumb a say gee I dunno why my test levels are low or say yes I used & risk the chance of this getting back to my superiors?

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt risk it but wait till u actually hear from people in the military, theres plenty of them here

Revelation78 is offline Banned
    Are you going to a base clinic or non-military clinic?

That is really going to determine what I would suggest. If you go on base, I would NOT disclose it. If you're going off-base to see a non-military doc, be open about it. If it's a non-military doc, there's an extremely low chance of it getting back to your superiors.

I might even go so far as not disclose it at all just to avoid it showing up in your records that you used roids before as a note, even to a civilian doc. A civilian doc might be more understanding and leave that out when submitting the required paperwork for insurance, but he may not. That's the only way I can think that it can get back to your superiors via a civilian doc. With a civilian doc you do have a doctor-patient confidentiality agreement. I've never heard of the military pulling out the trump card with civilian docs to get access to medical records; I have seen it with military docs.

Remember the only time there is confidentiality is between you and an ADC.

Being an ex-officer in the AF myself, I can tell you that you will want to be careful. If by chance it does ever come to light, NEVER say anything and ask for an ADC immediately. I don't know if the other branches call JAG defense lawyers by another name, but that's what they are. I don't care what scare tactics they use, DO NOT SAY A THING!

I hope I have helped in some way, if you have more questions let me know.

ggoyal is offline Junior Member
    i dont know man. the doc might "turn you in". he wouldn't jeapordize anything for anyone.

Baba is offline Associate Member
    Hell no don't say shit.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    need to know basis...jmho

Rotary is offline Associate Member
    Keep your mouth shut. Those Blood Tests will tell the tail.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    why prejudice his opinion? you don't know if he has a bias towards AAS....if you have low test, you have low test.....he will be thorough and rule out the glands anyway....and if he doesn't then you can just imagine how sloppy he would be if you had.....

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    if he thinks there natrually low he may prescribe TRT (good) but if he thinks it is temporary and bought on yourself with AS then he is likely to do nothing for you apart from advise you discontinue steroid use .....

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Bro, I don't know if my opinion matters much here but I would not disclose it to the doc, at leat yet. Wait and see what your doctor tells you about your problem and how to address it. I am sure you are not only person with low test levels that he has come across as a patient, he will know best how to help you but I would not disclose any AS use just to be on the safe side. best luck to you bro

phatkid77 is offline Junior Member
    i told my urologist, he barely achknowledged it....said im low so we'll treat it...

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    I would not say anything. I was in the AF as well and had not used AS, but my doc was not dumb and asked if I had used before...basically trying to get a gauge on why my test levels were so low. I would wait and feel him out before disclosing anything...if at all.

TBones is offline Junior Member
    i think you've seen enough opinions but here's mine anyway. There are TONS of men out there that have low test and never used AS. I see nothing gained by telling him. Like others have said, if the test shows low then they should treat it, plain and simple. If you tell him you used then there is a chance he will not want to treat you. Just go in with the usual symptom list and let him do his job.

TBone

Thread Information