MATTMAN01 is offline Banned

What does this mean??

My doc has put me on hrt he has decided to try a test cream from a compound pharmacist. I like the fact that it is bio-identical. He has told me to use 1gram 2x/day, this should give me approx 150mg test/day so he says,I understand that thru the skin is a lot different than inj and you need more. The tube says test 7.5% x 50G IN. What does this mean and where is the best place to apply for best absorption. Thanks MM

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by MATTMAN01 View Post
    My doc has put me on hrt he has decided to try a test cream from a compound pharmacist. I like the fact that it is bio-identical. He has told me to use 1gram 2x/day, this should give me approx 150mg test/day so he says,I understand that thru the skin is a lot different than inj and you need more. The tube says test 7.5% x 50G IN. What does this mean and where is the best place to apply for best absorption. Thanks MM
    never tried creams but both gels on market (testim & androgel ) i have tried and they have a similar mg as you are stating and if i am spreading on 150 mg of either of those gels then i would be absorbing approximately 15mg of testosterone so if I did that 7 days a week then i would be getting around 105 mg of test EW which is an adequate doseage for TRT
    so the doc didnt tell you where to apply?
    well ....the gel inserts tell you to apply upper arms, chest, androgel says the same including abdomen
    the cream would most likely be the same but call either doc or compound boy and ask em first
    good luck

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    According to the brochures it says to apply on either the shoulders or abdomen. My doctor told me otherwise. He said behind the knees, under the arms (not arm pit but lats) due to the skin being thinner in these area for better absorption.
    Personally I only apply it after a shower, then I clean the areas with alcohol and apply behind both knees and under both arms (Lats). I usually have a little left that I rub on both shoulders and then dampen my hands and rub the rest on my stomach. I think this way I get the most bang for the buck and it dries within minutes.

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    Thks for the response. By the way is this sufficient test to run 400mg Decca/wk for a 10 wk cycle? I suppose the shut down issue isnt to much of a problem in a trt scenario.

Thread Information